Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wearing Glasses Under Masks

Vorner23

Jun 7, 2016
Whatever mask you wear get a headband or wrap to stop the sweat getting in there first .

Lenses for me now though. Never going back to searching for players through the fog.

Critical_Mass

Sep 18, 2016
Im new to the Paintball scene and this was my first consideration. I have tried a Dye I4 mask with my glasses and found them quite ok. I wear thin armed frameless glasses with thin lenses - I cant even tell im wearing glasses. However, I think contacts are the way forward if its an option.

Valsun

Jan 2, 2016
I started off wearing spex when paintballing and had just as much trouble with them fogging up being the sweaty little man I am. Lucky for me I work in an opticians so I got the chance to try a lot of different ones on. Smaller lenses are always going to be better for stopping them fogging up but they will limit your peripheral vision a little more. You'll want to avoid certain coatings on the lenses as well, like anti reflective ones as they will stop fog sprays working as well. Any decent fitting mask is going to pull your glasses off with it though. I found frames with skull grip arms (like most Oakley frames) are the most comfortable under masks. Some masks have also started putting gaps or slits into their foam to make them fit a little better

That all said contacts are by far the best choice and unless you are really really blind a good optician should be able to get you more then good enough vision to be playing in.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
As I've already said contacts won't correct to 20/20 for some eye problems. Astigmatism (irregular shape of retina) cannot be fixed with soft contacts, which simply deform and follow the shape of the eye

You have to use a GP (gas permeable) rigid lens, which are not as comfortable to wear - I've tried them and they were horrible

Best I'll get with soft contacts is 80% correction and blurred vision, needing glasses as well to get full 20/20 distance focus - which defeats the object of wearing contacts..

Valsun

Jan 2, 2016
Your best bet is going to be a small close fitting frame then, but with any glasses your unlikely to get perfect vision due the not only the fitting but also the interaction between the mask lenses and the spectacle lenses.
The best glasses I have ever played in are my oakleys but they are expensive ( partly because I had oakley make the lenses for them as well.) but they with out doubt will give you the best vision possible when wearing a mask. As well as being as comfortable as possible.

I know what you mean about RGP contacts, they are the most uncomfortable things in the world and I would never feel safe playing in them.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Wearing Glasses = NO Problem ?? Try the Empire Evo Mask, = Style, Comfort, and sits Perfectly on your face !!!
They have a Larger Lense than the average Mask !!

mastercrafted

Nov 20, 2016
UK
It's been a long time since I played (over ten years) do JT still make the little Vortex fans for their masks? I used to use one of those on a Proteus.