Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wearing Glasses Under Masks

jumbaleo

Feb 18, 2006
Visit site
Does anyone have any opinions or advice on wearing glasses under a mask?

Having a few problems using contacts as an astigmatism means I can't really wear them. The next option, although not ideal is to wear glasses.

Does anyone have any opinions on:
  • The style and shape of glasses to wear
  • The best type of mask to wear with glasses
  • Any technique or items to use to stop the glasses steaming up

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks from an optically challenged fat back player ;)

Reactions: Montek

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
I have worn numerous masks with glasses, eflexs, events, profilers, flex 7/pro-flex, grillz and profilers. Most of the time I haven't had a problem with steaming up but on very humid days I have used anti fog wipes on my glasses lenses to give me added protection. The glasses I prefer have quite narrow lenses so don't cause an issue with the frame of my mask. I have found with the foam in the eflexs being quite thick that when I take my mask off my glasses sometimes accomppany the mask but this is the only problem I have found with them.

Reactions: Montek

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I've found any of the jt spectra line to be good with glasses, I smear some catcrap on my glasses at the start of the day and reapply at lunch and don't have any issues with fogging.

Last edited:

RavenSupra

Apr 9, 2014
Also found this an issue, I am unsure whether to devise a fan system as I have one on my full head mask JT but its alittle skittish with working as I got shot under the peek and some paint went into the fan and its been alittle bit hit and miss. A lad let me put some Fog Off cream on my glasses, it comes in a blue little tub, apply a little each time you take your mask off and buff accordingly and it seems to do the trick on the really hot days!

Reactions: Canon Fodder