Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Weekday paintball?

Darkpud

It’s better burn out, than to fade away
Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
Hi, it’s the paintball pleb again. I work in weddings so most weekends at the moment are completely stacked. So doing sum moochin on the old infra-web and all the walk-on events, around the Cheshire area, are on the weekends? Is there anything week day evenings?

b8ller

Aug 5, 2021
Hey mate, going to follow this as I'm Cheshire area too and looking for walk-on's. Just getting back into it.
Have you had any joy?

Schmickle

Sep 11, 2016
Chester
Outpost Chester is a great site, I believe they have invested in a new sup air field as well which looks ace! Very friendly and worth sending a message or looking them up on Facebook!

Reactions: b8ller

b8ller

Aug 5, 2021
Outpost Chester is a great site, I believe they have invested in a new sup air field as well which looks ace! Very friendly and worth sending a message or looking them up on Facebook!
Just found it thank you!

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
Thanks for posting, I’ll try and get on their next walk-on day and see what’s what. I thought there might be a lobby thingy (it is the twenties after all) or something where people say “hey I want to play at this time/date, there’s 20 slots to fill” then people sign up and go and you spray and pray.

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
Hey mate, going to follow this as I'm Cheshire area too and looking for walk-on's. Just getting back into it.
Have you had any joy?
No I haven’t found a mid-week community yet, but then again I haven’t put much time into it. I just thought over summer there would be something where people get together and rent a space and go mad while the sun was shining! Just like a corporate booking but people bring their own gear. I was just gonna go on a few walk-ons and ask about, covert black market style.

b8ller

Aug 5, 2021
No I haven’t found a mid-week community yet, but then again I haven’t put much time into it. I just thought over summer there would be something where people get together and rent a space and go mad while the sun was shining! Just like a corporate booking but people bring their own gear. I was just gonna go on a few walk-ons and ask about, covert black market style.
Think you might struggle for mid-weeks. Most walk-ons are weekends every 2-3 weeks etc. Its defo a weekend sport but like you said worth asking about :)

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
As most sites hardly make any money from walkons anyway, opening up for an evening mid week for handful of players makes no financial sense at all, some places may open for teams to come down and practice for a couple of hours on a field and all that's required is for the site owner to open up for them and supply a bit of air and maybe sell a couple of boxes of paint, it doesn't really cost anything, But when you have to start adding marshals and other staff who all need to be paid, to supervise maybe a dozen walkon players it starts to cost more than they can get back in green fees and the odd box of paint they might sell.

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
As most sites hardly make any money from walkons anyway, opening up for an evening mid week for handful of players makes no financial sense at all, some places may open for teams to come down and practice for a couple of hours on a field and all that's required is for the site owner to open up for them and supply a bit of air and maybe sell a couple of boxes of paint, it doesn't really cost anything, But when you have to start adding marshals and other staff who all need to be paid, to supervise maybe a dozen walkon players it starts to cost more than they can get back in green fees and the odd box of paint they might sell.
BOD (love the name btw, I know I’ve said that before) “Tread softly because you tread on my dreams!”, when you put it like that I’m like dammmn that sucks! But where’s there’s a will there’s away is what I say. Who knows, young minds fresh ideas, some young whippersnapper will come up with a way.