Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Weekend Warriors

XxDyeBoyi3xX

XxDyeBoyi3xX
May 18, 2009
hello

durajim, yeah your right i don't have a marker but i do have a mask (dye i3 pro) :)... Alpha Camo is new to the sport it was only his second time last sat. :) seeya soon Dyeboy.

rush

Hooch is CRRAAAAZZZYYY!
Apr 17, 2009
Harrow London
i would suggest saving a while before looking at markers then.
maybe get the rest of your gear first.

1. Mask (save and buy good, deffo worth it)
2. Loader (save and get the best you can buy, so you don't have to replace in future)
3. playing trousers (knee protection = win)
4. pod pack (nxe/cp = win)
5. marker (ion, pmr, epiphany 2nd hand, mini 2nd hand, g3, or even a pirahna pmi if you're desperate. all good starter markers)
6. Air bottle (steely will do you fine, pure energy 48cu 3000psi, most fill stations on punter days don't go above 3000psi)
7. Jersey (thats right last because the rest is more important :) )

(if you're only going to attend weekend warriors then you don't have to worry about an air bottle until after you've bought you're marker as we can supply you with one to borrow for the day. same goes for the pod pack but as thats cheaper i can see you getting that first)

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
I'm bringing a limited edition smartparts epiphany marker (with a upgrade) with me to weekend warriors to sell. It comes with a empire barrel kit if anyone is intrested. 150 and it's yours. I bought it for a mate but he let me down and now i'm stuck with it. I only like intimidators (i've got 5) so i don't want this in my kit bag.

if your intrested i'll also throw in a rocket hopper (old school lol).

Durajim

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2009
Reading
i would suggest saving a while before looking at markers then.
maybe get the rest of your gear first.

1. Mask (save and buy good, deffo worth it)
2. Loader (save and get the best you can buy, so you don't have to replace in future)
3. playing trousers (knee protection = win)
4. pod pack (nxe/cp = win)
5. marker (ion, pmr, epiphany 2nd hand, mini 2nd hand, g3, or even a pirahna pmi if you're desperate. all good starter markers)
6. Air bottle (steely will do you fine, pure energy 48cu 3000psi, most fill stations on punter days don't go above 3000psi)
7. Jersey (thats right last because the rest is more important :) )

(if you're only going to attend weekend warriors then you don't have to worry about an air bottle until after you've bought you're marker as we can supply you with one to borrow for the day. same goes for the pod pack but as thats cheaper i can see you getting that first)
KNEE PROTECTION: YES YES YES YES. :D

Dyeboy, Alpha, if you've ever been Paintballing three days on the trot, you'll know how important knee protection is, nothing hurts more than dropping down onto something hard or sharp from standing! Even the minimal padding in playing pants will help, but shelling out for even cheap pads (proto ones are fairly cheap second hand it seems) will make a difference and your knees will thank you :)

Deffo go for the marker near the end, Protecting yourself, bettering your game and spending your money on stuff you can use everywhere (Hopper and stuff) so you can eventually save up and get a decent marker is the way to go and I think the majority of people will say that, even if they didn't do it in that order.

I mean come on, wouldn't it suck if you just spent 500 quid on a awesome marker and you had to stick a gravity fed hopper on top because you couldn't afford it for another month :p

Last time I went my hopper broke just after lunch (It was an eggy 2 so I don't know why I didn't have a back up) and I had to use a gravity hopper and I think I'd have rather stopped playing :p

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
baaa bunch of pooooooofs!!

My first setup was a nbc suit and a flex7. The nbc was cos it was winter and i was playing in 0 to minus all the time.

The problem when you start balling is that you want the gun first no matter what people say. It's just the best bit of kit to play around with. I know i bought my x7 before i bought anything else. The first thing i did was rip it apart and mod it within 2 days of having it.

I've only just got round to buying pads as they were cheap and tbh

Durajim

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2009
Reading
baaa bunch of pooooooofs!!

My first setup was a nbc suit and a flex7. The nbc was cos it was winter and i was playing in 0 to minus all the time.

The problem when you start balling is that you want the gun first no matter what people say. It's just the best bit of kit to play around with. I know i bought my x7 before i bought anything else. The first thing i did was rip it apart and mod it within 2 days of having it.

I've only just got round to buying pads as they were cheap and tbh
lol, the first thing everyone wants is the gun! And most people do, even if it's against their better judgement (I did too)

Rush, are you marshalling this Saturday? Wouldn't mind a quick 2v2 or something at lunch if we have the time :D

elmarko

Apr 8, 2009
I'll be there on Sunday with Durajim, will be nice to see you again obladeo. I definitely don't need any gear off you this time. Almost certainly. Probably :)

Also, I'll definitely be picking up a set of kneepads off here soon. It really does start to hurt after a while.

Edit: Can we have an all v Durajim game I think that would be fantastic.