Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Welcome to P8ntballer 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

admin

More importantly, where were his posts, remember one particular forum disapeared recently, and when the update was applied it re-calculated everyones posts

gemando

Nov 9, 2009
University of Birmingham
This might just be me having not found it yet... but is there a way to easily get to the threads youre subscribed to? Like how in the old format you clicked user CP then subscriptions (if i remember rightly)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Hi Guys, I wanna thank all of you for contributing to this thread in such a constrictive way, and that goes for my mods too, cheers guys.

For me, this range of response lets me know you guys think as much of this site as I do ...... you guys don't own this site and yet, you have a fantastic affinity to it and maybe that's because it's been an integral part of UK Paintball for so long.

Our site boasts the largest paintball forum in Europe and it can't be an accident that our members feel the way they do about p8ntballer and the fact it is the largest in Europe.
Kinda warms the cockles of my heart in a not too schmaltzy way I hasten to add......... it's kinda cool though.

Still, myself and Bon are listening and responding to everything you say and we might not be changing the site in response to every post but we are genuinely thinking about every post and if it looks like a consensus is unfolding, then we will react in a positive way by changing it over to what that consensus suggests.

The outcome of all this is a better site because eventually we will respond to each and every suggestion and if we maintain that resolve, then the majority of our members will get what they want in terms of their favourite forum.
I am obviously relying on the fact that the people who post here are representative of our member mass and so in doing, we won't go too far wrong in giving our member base what they want ... that's the theory anyway.

And for those of you who maybe a tad concerned about our little friend Bon [the majority of whom will be my mods], I can assure you all, that I have the veto on anything he does and so we are not gonna end up in Bon's little universe :)

Mind you, he's done a real good job so far and so I can't moan at all really and can only congratulate him on what he's done in such a seamless way.
The transition is really gonna be undertaken by you guys as you get used to the new design and so hopefully it won't be such a painful transition ... let's hope so anyway.

Thanks guys, it's all appreciated.

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I dont post much but I lurk alot and find the wealth of knowledge on here an interesting read! The problem I have had since the change is viewing the forum on my phone (N97). For some reason it loads much slower than the old style. Is this version particualy image heavy compared with the last??? Is there a user option that would allow me to remove all signatures and avatars as standard? I know it wouldnt look as pretty when on a pc but i like to read it on the train to and from work.

Thanks,
Craig.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Craig, I'm not really sure if the page content size is any larger in this version of VBulletin and so I am gonna defer to Bon and get him to answer your problem mate.

A

admin

This version of vbulletin is very java heavy in terms of content, however I will look into creating an EXTREMELY cut back version for you to read on your phone, and for any others browing the site on mobile devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.