Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Welsh Open Feedback

Alien_Balliztix

Diet Coke with Cherry
UNbelievable, I had my best ever weekend of paintball, all thanks to My Team-Mates, Gogger and Marchbrook Leisure, the marshal's, The other teams and most definitely The ANGEL's. Without all of the outstanding organising The girl's go through this tournamet just wouldn't be the same.

BIG THANX

Dafydd 'Bloody Idiot' Scott
P Unit

P.S. IF A MARSHAL SAY'S GET YOUR WHINEY ASS OFF THE FIELD, GET IT OFF THE FIELD. :D

danrandon

randonphotography.co.uk
Mar 4, 2005
leicester
www.randonphotography.co.uk
We had an amazing time at the welsh open, personally we had no problems whatsoever with the marshalls on any of the fields.

Great venue, great facilities, Well done girls

I would also like to thank all the teams that voted for Ni Ban silver for most sporting team, sorry i could not collect the trophey myself as i was at the time otherwise engaged dealing with the mild case of dehydration that i was suffering from.

Thanks to all the teams in our division for making our weekend so enjoyable.

Shylad

Checkout the pussy
Sep 23, 2004
Sunny Brum
1 for 1's suck.
A team mate of mine was hit on this gat but didn't see it so a very nice marshall decided it was worth a 1 for 1:confused:
Yet the guy who did the run through with a big green shot in the middle of his chest, on the same field, at the same end was only eliminated after his run through:rolleyes:
At the end of the day marshalls are only human (i think;)) but should all be using the same set of rules on the day, just like when you play ball, communication is the key.

Anyway, all in all, best tournie i've played to date, loved it.

Fallen Angels, thank you xx:D

The-Baron

Really Old School
Sep 17, 2002
Im like Polyfilla I fill cracks
My 2 pence

The fields were too small even fror 5 man they were not this small in past events (and they were unevenly spaced out)
field 2 with open shooting lanes from start gate to start gate made it a lottery if you made it to your primary or not.
Did not see many chrono judges looking for ramping or Bouncing(did they try and do it whilst refing the game
Some refs wern't using recognised signs for illiminations or clean and you cant always hear a call from behind you and the side lines.
And on a personal note I wish to appoligise for the behaviour of one of Full Ons players on field four But our complaint of not hearing the 10 second call was Justified (teams waiting to come on didnt hear it and neither did one of the Event Organisers who was watching) The result stood after much debating ( we lost 4 out of 5 players before leaving the start gate)

good in places
adequate judges (just need more balls to make the Correct if unpopular Decision)
Good Facilities
Excelent organisation
Lively and laid back Atmosphere
A fun and Good tournement
(but can we have bigger field AND more bunkers so teams might at least try something different)

Cheers
Robbo

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
My 2 pence

Originally posted by The-Baron
The fields were too small even fror 5 man they were not this small in past events (and they were unevenly spaced out)
field 2 with open shooting lanes from start gate to start gate made it a lottery if you made it to your primary or not.
Not having a go, just voicing my opinion. The fields were small, but too small..............nah. Teams have to learn to adjust their game plans to take into consideration the field. If a field is too small, why risk your back players running out to the corners off the break? Instead shoot the lanes and move them out there once they have players pinned in. It was not unusual for us to have our two back guys in the centre back bunker off the break, then move out, after the initial paint had been put down.

I cannot see any reason why teams didn't have 5 guns up on the break, especially with the fields being smaller than usual. This would help your breakout plans no end, and increase the odds in your favour during your 'breakout lottery'. The fields were there to be played aggressively, just a shame some teams couldn't figure that out. Breaking out to the back 5 bunkers and sitting there hoping to shoot out the other team really didn't work.

Excellent tourney, good one to finish on.

Time to hang up the marker and retire :cool:

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
was a good weekend apart from the toilets :p there was no loo roll in the lads by the end of saturday. my other moan is that the infamous mini bus never came lol was great fun waiting round with the devestation lads though.

from a marshalls view it was really hard to marshall as there was so much paint going round you had to watch everyone at once as there was like 5 lanes of paint constantly so you never knew who to watch, so apologies to those who had a problem on our field (field 2) plus i kept getting gogged so i couldnt see propley half the time lol

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by cookie_834
was a good weekend apart from the toilets :p there was no loo roll in the lads by the end of saturday.
That's because the majority of players forget to bring any cleaning stuff with them, & steal it out of the loos :rolleyes:

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
can we have soft matresses at the 50 next time please as ive pulled a muscle in my shoulder, and one in the left of my back doesnt feel to clever either :mad:

:D