Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

wgp hinge triggers???

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Quite honestly, if one finds the Eclipse version to be functional and good looking, why should anyone have bought anything else in the first place? Why go any further if you've already found the best? I know I wouldn't pay money to get something else on my gun if it already was the way it should be in the first place, especially not with a Cocker where you PRAY that what you got works on it.

Micah

I've shot all 4, The WGP, the Blade, The DYE and the shocktech.

The Dye feels like shooting a bushy ... I didn't like it much but it it felt nice. The shocktech felt vey cheap and poorly manufactured, I've only seen 4 at the field and Only had the chance to shoot 3 of them, So maybe I don't know. THe WGP is rock solid and is slightly snappier than th Eclipse, but the eclipse is smoother and easier to shorten the pull.

The WGP and the Eclipse are both very slick pieces of kit. If you like Bushy's then the dye is great too ...

-Micah

big_scott

Feb 1, 2002
Visit site
I'm from the US and have tried all the above frames except the DYE.

The shocktech is utter crap, imo, much like alot of other stuff they've been shoveling lately. Its not only ugly, but not even tourney legal in the NPPL. The trigger is, though more comfortable than the WGP, just doesn't feel right. I can't explain it but it just doesn't , to me.

The WGP frame is sort of the mediocre of the three. THough its not the prettiest of frames it, thats merely a personal preference. Unlike the Shocktech, the WGP is quality crafted and both the black anodizing and nickel plating is perfect. The trigger however is its down fall. Its a little uncomfortable in on-gloved hands and very thin. It also lacks a lot of the adjustability of other frames. The springing are very light and smoothe.

Finally, the Blade is the one I own so keep that in mind. It is not only te most attractive of the three, IMO, but also the most comfortable. The trigger shoe is very wide and rounded on the edges so it provides a large, comfortable trigger which can be shot from and position with ease.The springs used, though some complain they are a little stiff, are snapy and allow me to get a good rythm in rapid firing. The frame also uses regular Cocker sears and springs so you can costomize it to your liking. Finally, I can't speak for the the other frames because never got to use them fr an extended period, but the Blade frame allowed be to increase my rate of fire by 50%. Also the blad comes with everything you need to install it: Extra hose, hose clamps, screws, and a nice instruction sheet.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Originally posted by Micah
Why are you recommending the Shocktech frame? I say get the one made for the 'cocker by THE 'cocker people ... thats just mho ... and I've only see the shocktech for cheeper than the WGP ...

-Micah
The "Cocker people," Worr, are actually the reason that aftermarket Cocker parts were created in the first place: theirs weren't good enough for a lot of people. Hence Shocktech, ANS, KAPP, AKA, Belsales, etc. made stuff that works better, therefore they made a lot of money and have kept going with it. Worr actually had to catch up to them.

Micah

Originally posted by KillerOnion

The "Cocker people," Worr, are actually the reason that aftermarket Cocker parts were created in the first place: theirs weren't good enough for a lot of people. Hence Shocktech, ANS, KAPP, AKA, Belsales, etc. made stuff that works better, therefore they made a lot of money and have kept going with it. Worr actually had to catch up to them.
Alot of that was also for cosmetic reasons. But now Just about everything made by WGP is better than the aftermarket stuff function wise. If the Sledgehammer was more easily adjustable, I think it would be the best on the market for co2 and one of the best for n2. But the STO is the best ram around and their new 4-way is agruably the best you can buy today. Their new valve is very good now. The Stock bolt is one of the highest flowing bolts on the market. I don't like the Carbon fiber grips ... but other than that, cockers are tourney ready out of the box. Definatly good to go for a day of play.

I thought this thread was long dead ....

-Micah

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
This is being REAL picky but:

The STO Ram and the now stock 3 way which you liek so much did NOT originate in WGP. THey were developed/made by Belsales (Evo peeps) and WGP liked them so much they made them the "standard".

So Worr is not a leader but a follower - sorry dude

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Hee hee - nicely put beaker!

I LOVE the fact the British Belsey Brothers ship coal to Newcastle (or in this case every 'standard' part of the more recent cockers) back to Bud Orr!!!

British is best...

(Hmmm where's my union jacket boxershorts - oh that's a different topic innit?!)