Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What air bottle to buy?

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
The secret of filling any Air bottles without any Problems is to SLOW FILL , Now I know bottles are tested to a point that it pleases everybody but the average flow rate is still too fast, and if your playing the Race Mode at an Event .. You Just Want Air,.... Quickly !!
There is a Titanium Fill nipple that can be put on to any air bottle that could solve the above problem, But at a cost of around £70 ? The trouble is ... Who want`s to spend that sort of money on top of the price we all pay for the bottles and Regs ??
There is also another Titanium part that is 2" which you keep in your pocket and use when you fill , you just connect it to the fill rig on the panel then you connect your bottle, then take it off and put it into your pocket, these are around £80 each, These extra parts are expensive being Titanium, and would be easy to Nick, so a site wont provide, You buy your own personal one !!
If you grab the end of most fill rigs that have a loose lead you would see when you turn it on that the end will Fly around all over the place probably hitting you in the face, The above Parts described, fitted on the end, would stop the lead flying around showing you that it`s a slow fill, the lead just hangs with the air going out , well until you turn it off or connect it, If your a player at an Event now , you will find the hose to give air is a rigid hose .... So you wouldn`t Know !!!
Anyone that`s going to CPPS this Sunday that`s got an interest on this Please come over to the Care Bears Camp and I`ll Show you.

el2k

Feb 11, 2013
Bath/Southwest
So you're saying the fuel supralite bottles are fine as long as you fill them slowly?

But it's not possible to fill them slowly? Can i not just pull the tap on a little and leave it? :D

Care_Bears

Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
When you fill your bottle, do you feel it getting warm ? then Stop !! just for a few moments, then go back to it, sometimes you`ll need to do this a few times, How many times have you filled your bottle to what you think or read 3000psi then go and sit or do something else, then come back to your bottle to find it may now read 2500psi or even 2000psi, then think that maybe you`ve got an air leak, well it`s not usually a leak but the way you filled your bottle = too fast,
Your going to ask yourself " well it`s the same as everybody else so it must be alright " well No !! It means that everyone else is doing the same thing Wrong, and the more people doing this wrong means more and more people are going to complain about their bottles. the more people that can be educated in this the better.

el2k

Feb 11, 2013
Bath/Southwest
When you fill your bottle, do you feel it getting warm ? then Stop !! just for a few moments, then go back to it, sometimes you`ll need to do this a few times, How many times have you filled your bottle to what you think or read 3000psi then go and sit or do something else, then come back to your bottle to find it may now read 2500psi or even 2000psi, then think that maybe you`ve got an air leak, well it`s not usually a leak but the way you filled your bottle = too fast,
Your going to ask yourself " well it`s the same as everybody else so it must be alright " well No !! It means that everyone else is doing the same thing Wrong, and the more people doing this wrong means more and more people are going to complain about their bottles. the more people that can be educated in this the better.

Thanks for all the info Bluey!

Reactions: Care_Bears

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
All cylinders that meet the pi mark requirements are fine if filled correctly and slowly

Back a number of years ago many fill stations were operating at extremely high rates.
Following some incidents this was changed and fill rates regulated down.

The 'stako' cylinder is similar to 'fuel' cylinders with an extremely light design, and stakos only have one 5 year life cycle with no retesting
Stakos were involved in some of the cylinder failures at fill stations, their reputation suffered but a key factor was high speed fills.

When you fill any air cylinder you will notice that it warms up, this does two things it risks problems as above, and it expands the filled air which means you get less air for your fill as it will cool and contract

When filling don't just switch fully on until full
Open up slowly and only partially, watch the gauge and see how fast it is filling
If your cylinder is low then stop once or twice during the fill

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
Iv had a feul 1.2 bottle since last mayhem big game, used it most weekends, it hasnt 'bubbled' or killed me yet, best bottle ive had. I am cautious never to heat the bottle when filling though... X

Care_Bears

Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Now you know why a Dive centre that fills diving bottles Put or should put them in water when filling ... to help cooling them down.
as for the fill nipple on a bottle, this amazes me to find So many guys that perhaps .. Can`t get it into the fill end on the Air panel, this very often happens when the bottle is getting on , bought second hand to just keep on going, as the flange at the end of the nipple gets bigger with the amount of times it gets filled, so , what do we do ?? we shave or sand down the edge to make it fit ? It`s got to happen one day where there`s going to be a BOOM because of this, People don`t think of changing that fill nipple ? well it works ? so I`ll just keep on going... until !!
I`ve seen brand new bottles with rigs bought as new that can`t get their nipple in because the Fill part was probably made overseas at a cheaper price and don`t worry about the safety area here within Europe, I`m sure there are many guys on here that can relate to this but didn`t know anything about this with just screwing the fill nipple a bit shaving off a tiny bit when filling so it fits, ...
L+W Compressors in Kettering Northamptonshire, have these and would put anyone on the right path if so desired.
Speak to Jim the owner on 07710430228.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
All cylinders that meet the pi mark requirements are fine if filled correctly and slowly

Back a number of years ago many fill stations were operating at extremely high rates.
Following some incidents this was changed and fill rates regulated down.

The 'stako' cylinder is similar to 'fuel' cylinders with an extremely light design, and stakos only have one 5 year life cycle with no retesting
Stakos were involved in some of the cylinder failures at fill stations, their reputation suffered but a key factor was high speed fills.

When you fill any air cylinder you will notice that it warms up, this does two things it risks problems as above, and it expands the filled air which means you get less air for your fill as it will cool and contract

When filling don't just switch fully on until full
Open up slowly and only partially, watch the gauge and see how fast it is filling
If your cylinder is low then stop once or twice during the fill

I'm a big fan of the CP regs, they have a filter which slows the fill down, some of the air whips have two settings, flat out or f*ck all so even if you open the tap fully the CP reg will slow it down.

They're light too :)

Reactions: WildWayz