Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What am I allowed to talk about here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morter

Jul 31, 2002
Bristol
He's saying that the thankyou post to sparklie is far more relevant to paintball than the posts in the same forum on broadband internet and someone having a baby.....

i.e why was the sparklie thread deleted but the other threads left in tact?

chunk

Irish P.I.M.P
Mar 31, 2002
Ireland
Visit site
thanks revoss

also
and try English. I see you're Irish but c'mon, dude.
:eek: the thread to thank sparkie was closed
and now ur slegging :(

rules need to be drawn up
this forum is going abit mad with diff rules

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
And I keep hearing about the British sense of humor but . .

Originally posted by dmd121
slagging someone off for 'being irish' is surely somewhat racist, not really what is expected from an experienced moderator who prides themselves in lettting all know their reasoning behind their judgements

are there diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks?

either that or automated compensation must be made for browsers which cannot post vB Code as expected by the other 97% of the internet
:rolleyes:
Oh, yeah, you're Irish too. :p ;) :)
I got the gist of Chunk's post the first time but it still wouldn't pass third grade English.
And the boards aren't usually innundated with birth announcements however they have been overrun with Sparklie chat in the past. Therefore one is allowed and the other is cracked down on. One isn't a recurring problem and the other is. Pretty simple.

chunk

Irish P.I.M.P
Mar 31, 2002
Ireland
Visit site
so if i couldnt pass 3rd grade
u slegging me
:(
also
would a reason be because sparkie a new forum

Therefore one is allowed and the other is cracked down on. One isn't a recurring problem and the other is.

so the newbie wats happening there
with the same problems over and over

Morter

Jul 31, 2002
Bristol
erm, does it really matter if the same thread is (supposedly) repeated over and over, the academyies are monthly, so you get 2-3 days of thankyou's (maybe 20 posts) and a bit of chat about what went on and how people ENJOYED themselves, its all good surely?

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
I think the moderators are implying that when a post about Sparklies site comes up, it always turns to a few people having a coversation on there which should be done by phone, email, or PM.

Also guys you are probably giving Sparklie a bad rep. on these boards because any post mentioning her will not be taken seriously. It will be seen as a few posters talking b*llocks.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
How do you have group discussions by phone or PM?

Granted you can by e-mail but it's still not easy to follow and those that weren;t invited at the start can't just join in if it becomes relevant to them. A post on a board is a way of getting all that, so you can understand why they happen.

Allowing a group of like minded people to have conversation on a topic is kind of the essence behind bulletin boards. It's a resource because others can also join. An e-mail or PM or phone conversation is not the same nor does it provide the same service.

I think it is a great service to provide and a shame if you do not want to provide it here, but it is the choice of p8 talk to do so as they wish with their forum space.

If the boards were soo busy it got in the way of other valid threads (i.e. it knocked them off the front page) then I can see why you would want to clamp down on it and put a stop to it.

Since the boards are not overly busy I'm not sure why you want to stop people having a resource which they obviously need and use. But if that's the terms dictated to have these boards then so be it.

manike

(oh **** sorry TJ I did say my bit again :( )

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by manike
How do you have group discussions by phone or PM?

Granted you can by e-mail but it's still not easy to follow and those that weren;t invited at the start can't just join in if it becomes relevant to them. A post on a board is a way of getting all that, so you can understand why they happen.

Allowing a group of like minded people to have conversation on a topic is kind of the essence behind bulletin boards. It's a resource because others can also join. An e-mail or PM or phone conversation is not the same nor does it provide the same service.

I think it is a great service to provide and a shame if you do not want to provide it here, but it is the choice of p8 talk to do so as they wish with their forum space.

If the boards were soo busy it got in the way of other valid threads (i.e. it knocked them off the front page) then I can see why you would want to clamp down on it and put a stop to it.

Since the boards are not overly busy I'm not sure why you want to stop people having a resource which they obviously need and use. But if that's the terms dictated to have these boards then so be it.

manike

(oh **** sorry TJ I did say my bit again :( )

If you all use MSN messenger you can all be online chatting to each other at the same time and you can all see what the others are typing, you just invite another user to join in, Messenger is available to all and its free (ok XP has a couple of issues with the file transfers, white boards etc (you need to set up the firewall rules for the internal firewall) but other than that) but that would stop all the need to chat on the boards espescially as you have a time limit set for reposting.
But then why not launch a chat client with set rooms for subjects from the PGI home page...this site gets plenty of posts saying how wonderful the information is and how great the site is also it isn't just from UK based people, the thank you's tend to come from other countries so why not do as I have suggested, there may already be a chat room client on another paintball site (don't mean phillips chat room btw) but if there isn't PGI should be the FIRST at something, or are the MODS worried they would get loadsa flak if it was all in real time? :D

Just a couple of ideas...

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Originally posted by chunk
so if i couldnt pass 3rd grade
u slegging me
:(
also
would a reason be because sparkie a new forum

so the newbie wats happening there
with the same problems over and over

What? Chunk mate, slow down a bit cos I think you've got some good points but I'm having a real hard time understanding you.

The moderators are absolutely delighted that there's an Academy forum - we would encourage anyone into the scene at Sparklie's to camp out on those boards. That's where you should be posting your thankyou's.

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
I'm pretty sure MSN has a maximum number of participants in a group conversation - something like 6 or 8, so not *that* useful for big discussions. ;)

But as has been said before, if you want to chat, there's no better place than Sparklie's brand new shiny forum... see my sig for details! :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.