The Home Of European Paintball

What are the real rules?

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Out of bounds, or what?

Look at the picture in the link below and tell me what you would do. I would pull him no matter how beautiful it looked or who he/she was. What's right? What's real practice?

Another issue is: Let's get rid of bordered fields as much as possible. It's too much of a hassle. It is much smoother when almost the whole netted-in area is the playing court. One gets a very long face when good timing and team support get you into the snake only to hear the ref pull you out because your foot was slightly out of bounds.

But, rules are rules.

Steve
http://paintball.com/pics/iao/tipp10.jpg

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
looking at the picture you would have to pull him, unfortunately it looks like a great move, but the boundaries are there for a reason and so are the rules, the other team would complain if you didn`t pull him.

Gee

Mar 18, 2002
Reading UK
Visit site
Out of bounds, or what?

Originally posted by Wadidiz
Look at the picture in the link below and tell me what you would do. I would pull him no matter how beautiful it looked or who he/she was. What's right? What's real practice?
The player should get pulled. In the photo i couldn't see if they had fired yet (didn't think they had but...), so the player they're mugging should stay in the game. Though if they did step out then proceed to shoot the player they should be 1-4-1 for playing on.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Wow! Someone tougher than me.

Though if they did step out then proceed to shoot the player they should be 1-4-1 for playing on.
I would give the player the benifit of the doubt and assume he/she didn't know they were out of bounds. Unless the player showed by body language that the whole out-of-bounds thing was premeditated, depending largely on how far the player went out of bounds, if the player did it a lot, etc. In other words, I most likely wouldn't call a 1-4-1.

Steve