Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What counts as a magfed gun?

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
It depends on the the games though dude.. Some games are limmited ammo i which you can use anything as long as it has under a certain amount of ammo..
Others want true magfed.. Box mags dont count in many magfed games due to the fact they essentially are hoppers but under the gun

lil_Chris

Apr 2, 2012
I kinda look at it that if you play mag fed you want it to be a fairly realistic, In being realistic every real squad normally has a LMG. So I think 1 maybe 2 box mags per side. I agree if everyone used a box mag it would defeat the object.

lil_Chris

Apr 2, 2012
If your playing limited ammo then everyone should be able to play as no one has any advantage.
:)

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
This is true and in most games u can use anything for a limmited ammo game.. It just tourney guns in general that are frowned upon

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
And the problem with that is there may not be ,any people with box mags... Not many people want to shed out over 100 quid for a mag :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Depends on the question

The question as asked -what counts as a mag fed gun:
A gun fed by magazine
A box mag may not count - if it's a box mag build that force feeds to a tube fed into the feedneck, then that's not realy magazine fed (in my mind)
That's a force feed that allows mounting in other positions, such as qloaders, warp feeds and feedrucks

But in the good old 'what is/should be allowed at a mag fed game':
It all depends, and is up to the organiser
If the organiser wants strict magfed then that's what they mean
If they mean limited paint, then they could mean mag fed, stick feed, tac caps, or even full size hoppers and carry limits, or 50 shots per pod etc

There are more players with magfeds now, so ought he organisers want to then they can be stricter on the criteria if that's what they want

If anyone ever brings up milsim as a generic term for woodsball / scenario then I will usually pop up disputing this
But in many cases at the moment that's the arguing point on the 'what's allowed' situation - if a game is milsim magfed then that's fair enough

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Ps:
I forgot to add

A mag fed box mag as opposed to the above customisation is not limited paint, so it's up to the organiser - magfed and/or limited paint?

If the custom build force feed box mag also had the gun customized to feed without a tube, that may now be mag fed

But what if it is reloaded by pots? Is it still a hopper?
Do the organisers add a nod pod rule? But where does that leave me in pistol play? I haven gone out many times with a pistol and a handful of magazines then reloaded them straight from 8 shot tubes, or one by one from a 140 pod
(More often dropping magazines into a drop pouch, reloading from an 8 shot then later dipping the 8 shot info a full pod)

Generally let's have the organisers decide, it's all just paintball and we can play or not play the games as we see fit

Bryso16v

Jul 22, 2013
Cumbernauld
www.elliott-images.co.uk
I think sometimes we over complicate things, its paintball lets just get as many people togeather and play, I think the term limited loader works well. as basically all we want is a more tactical style of play where no one is firing 12bps at us in a hail of paint, use a rotor, use a 50 round hopper, use a pump, use an ego. end of the day we want to encourage folks to play :).