Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What counts as a magfed gun?

MajorFaff

Sep 4, 2012
Shucks, you mean I can't rock up with my dye dam box mag? ;-)

If it's mag fed then I'd say mag only, it it's limited paint or milsim, then tac cap/stick etc.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Haha, Yes this one has certainly been doing the rounds in the facebook community! If planet did a Magfed, i'd be ALL over that :)
Ditto - does seem like all (except the DAM) the magfed markers available at the moment are using very old school tech. Would be great if more of the big players (Planet, Empire etc) started releasing a magfed line using modern poppet/spool tech.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I think spring/tube or stick feeds should be included

The format is all about limiting the rate of fire and quantity of paint carried into games

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
I disagree Gee Tee, Its not ALL about limiting the rate of fire or paint carried, thats just a "limited paint format" It becomes a lot more than that when you know you only have 2/3 shots left until a mag change is needed, so do you do a "oh crap" mag change or a tactical early change to give you a full 18/20 rds availability.

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
i think we should all stop worrying about what is and isnt magfed and play some blooming paintball..

i think magfed games shouldnt have box-mags or hoppers... i think a maximum of 20-30 balls is the most a mag/tac cap should hold, other than that it should be fine..

Feb 27, 2014
any gun fed by a magazine or magazine and hopper

people usually associate it with only milsim as they think it looks sillyon a non milsim looking marker

lil_Chris

Apr 2, 2012
In my opinion any marker that runs an actual mag regardless of weather its a 8 round pistol or a dye box mag. Also players that use 10 roundd tubes such as an airbow or bt sa-17.