Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What do you think ??

gunsmoke

Jan 13, 2005
colchester
gunsmoke.co.uk
Hi All

Ok 1st time posting so if I have done or said anything wrong I will say sorry now, I have read the rules and I think this should be ok :)

1st up I have been involved in helping John Sosta with F5 from the start, I also have been running a paintball site for the last 8 years, as some of you know we have bought a new site located in Colchester where we hope that should planning be passed we can hold F5 on a regular basis.
I have been looking at ways to gain more interest from new be paintballers that will be using the site, whilst taking to John about ways to do this we were talking about the new fields, mighty paintball offer a tactical field, now what I would like to know is your thoughts as players about using such a field, the good thing about posting on here is that we have new players, old players as well as many back grounds of playing paintball, so we should get a good all-round reply.
your comments would be great as I would like to get your comments before I commit to spending a lot of money on the field, just type in www.mightypaintball.com and click on the tactical field, now the field is a blow up field but with the added bonus of looking a bit woodsbally the reason why we thought of this field was to make it a bit more user friendly to the rental players to try and get them involved, and get them interested in making the next step to sup air/ x ball, but I am not sure if the rest of you will agree.

Anyway thank you for your time and I am looking forward to your comments on the field.

Thanks again

Andy

Vox900

Loki
Sep 22, 2008
Cambridge
I think that it would just be easier to use real props such as that, (Barrels, crates etc) as the hassle of blowing that all up regularly throughout the day as well as cleaning it down deflating etc at the end of the day just does not make it worth it.

Reactions: gunsmoke

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
Hi All

Ok 1st time posting so if I have done or said anything wrong I will say sorry now, I have read the rules and I think this should be ok :)

1st up I have been involved in helping John Sosta with F5 from the start, I also have been running a paintball site for the last 8 years, as some of you know we have bought a new site located in Colchester where we hope that should planning be passed we can hold F5 on a regular basis.
I have been looking at ways to gain more interest from new be paintballers that will be using the site, whilst taking to John about ways to do this we were talking about the new fields, mighty paintball offer a tactical field, now what I would like to know is your thoughts as players about using such a field, the good thing about posting on here is that we have new players, old players as well as many back grounds of playing paintball, so we should get a good all-round reply.
your comments would be great as I would like to get your comments before I commit to spending a lot of money on the field, just type in www.mightypaintball.com and click on the tactical field, now the field is a blow up field but with the added bonus of looking a bit woodsbally the reason why we thought of this field was to make it a bit more user friendly to the rental players to try and get them involved, and get them interested in making the next step to sup air/ x ball, but I am not sure if the rest of you will agree.

Anyway thank you for your time and I am looking forward to your comments on the field.

Thanks again

Andy
mybe a mixed field would be better and throw in some hard ones as well.

Phoenix

Oct 13, 2008
Kent
Hmm interesting thoughts.
I have been playing now for 3 years in the scenario scene, but next year i'll be making the switch to tournie ball with a group of other like minded scenario players.
Just to give you an idea of where i am coming from.
I think that both formula 5 & formula 3 are going to grow into one of the best ways forward for uk ball.
Alot of the current tournie lads love it and it is getting alot of interest from the scenario scene aswell.
I can't see any advantage to using a tacticall/sup setup against using a normal sup setup.
I would suggest that if you are planning on running formula 5/3 you need to stay in keeping with the current setup so players can play either venue amd train accordingly. Obviously eitherway you are still going to have to blow up the setup each day and clean it down.
It depends wether you want to aim at becoming a recognised site in the more serious paintball world or wether you want to go for the rental player more.
If you want to focus on the rental player the perminant fixed barricades does make more sense as there would be no need to blow it up / wipe it down etc and they wouldn't care wether they are fixed or not.
But personally I wouldn't train on a fixed field if all the others are sup based.
I think that the key with rentals and new players coming in is to put them on an even field and make sure that they are not seriously out matched. From my experience getting malleted all day long puts them off more than anything else.
Liase with a quality team that don't mind jumping in with new guys and coaching them some and are happy to split when you want to run with rentals aswell and run a buddy system so an experienced player helps a new player.
We have done it in the past at walkons and the site has said that those rentals had a really good day. We have recruited purely on that basis aswell on occasion.
I think it's about picking the right team to liase with and run out of your site, they can make a huge difference to how your rentals enjoy their day.
If it were me and I chose the formula route which I would, I would stick with the traditional style sup bunkers. If you can have more than one field then maybe have another fixed one that you can run rentals on when you only have a small party of rentals on any given day?
I don't see the advantage to blowup tanks.... lol

Aug 9, 2005
Northants UK
Looks like fun to me mate!

Ive been working at a rental site for nearly 8 years now, and customers are always interested in hearing the other side to paintball, which alot of them never realised exsisted. Trying to explain what we do can sound silly when you think about it - "we play on smaller fields full of bouncy castle type bunkers". Its hard for them to picture but you know that the lads who come down and get really into it would probably love sup air and tournie ball, or at least the style of play to begin with. This sounds like it could be an ideal way to show your average joe customer what else they can do in paintball. Not to mention us tounie ballers can have a go and have some fun on it :)

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
if you are trying to encourage new players from say rental players this would be an awsome idea.
on a side not i work for bully and we use both normal sup-air bunkers and the tactical ones together ,at off site lazer tag games,and believe me joe public go straight for the tactical bunkers every time:)

Minibaker

Go Hard or Go Home
Mar 21, 2009
hyper ball would be a good way of getting rentals to play a basic version of supair. and it would be pretty easy to do. ive seen loads of fields with wooden can. small/tall cakes and teabags

just to add. a fallen tree or a couple would make a great snake beam. you could (with some imagination) make a Sup air field lay out, at a rec site. best way i see doing it. if you have a CTF game center flag and try and make the layout more supair/hyperball if you get what i mean