Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What eclipse to buy

Katanajordy

Jordy j
Jun 26, 2018
Worcester
I have a 15 year old eclipse impulse I love the gun it does everything it needs rp but I'm after something new \ second hand what do people recommend

maxxon

Feb 20, 2015
Espoo, Finland
For used the best bang for buck I think these days is an old Geo 3.

For new get a base GTEK (or Etha2 if you don't mind the looks). The extra you pay for a 160R or CS2 is getting into diminishing returns.

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
Agreed either etha 2 (but make sure you get your hands on one first to anke sure your a fan of the ergonomics and looks) or a gtek.

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
The 160r is all metal and just feels so much the better and stable friing platform over the standard gtek and etha 2. Shot quality just 'feels' better (on a 160r) but that is a very subjective matter.

Reactions: Sunny London

maxxon

Feb 20, 2015
Espoo, Finland
IMHO the GTEK's biggest failing is the trigger. It just... feels cheap and sloppy. I don't mind the macroline or the composite frame.

160R has a better trigger.

But that said, with modern ramping and RoF caps it doesn't matter that much. If we were still playing old school true semi, I'd go for the upgraded trigger.

Sunny London

Easy Does It
Jun 4, 2018
North London
IMHO the GTEK's biggest failing is the trigger. It just... feels cheap and sloppy ...
The ETHA 2 out of the box had a sloppy feeling trigger -- not cheap, just sloppy. However, after some adjustment (it has 3 adjustment screws like most decent markers), the trigger now feels really good.

You might also consider the ETHA LT -- it's basically the original ETHA with a few updates, but at a better price than the rest of the PE product line. Or you can get a used ETHA for cheap I bet.