Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What equipment to buy to get started.

hansolo

Registered Sociopath
hi m8
u dont need to buy lots to start with get allong to some games (falkirk on sunday), even if not playing youll see loads of kit and may get to try the stuff, and meet the guys and get advise, then decide from there what to buy

the sites up here hire kit NO problem

as for shops id say support the scottish warriors shop for any NEW items you need as theyre local and u wont need to pay postage - can pick up at the walkon every month :cool:

check your PM's m8

if your back next weekend i think theres a tourny at scotkart if you fancy going to watch how tourny games play and see theyre kit

graig are your guys playing it still ?

renie

Mar 2, 2008
you can go wrong with an eclipse gun but they can be pricey but you pay for what u get :) you should be able to find a nice secondhand one one the forum for a good price.
personaly id stay away from the invert mini's , there ok but nort great and can be very tempremental in fact ive owned 2 and both had a problem of some sort, i would never buy another one.
where as ive never had a problem with any of my egos :)

Luke H

Apr 29, 2010
Wrexham
:confused:

Last scenario game I played was a 6 hour continous game. having a lighter, larger tank is very beneficial. Carbon fib tank is the way to go. 2nd hand is fine too.
I was thinking of woodsball as in 10 mins each way in like a capture the flag sorta thing not 6 hr scenario games

benjy85pb

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2008
West Sussex
There's nothing wrong with steelies, they're relatively inexpensive and they're reliable. Its just the weight, but as you've said, if you're only playing 10+ minutes games you've got nothing to worry about. A friend of mine has been using his for nearly 2 years now and he's had no complaints.

But then you can't go wrong with a carbon fibre either. As already mentioned they're lighter than the steelies, however, its just the initial cost that turns people off, but if you look after them they'll last you a long time. Mine's still going and its been nearly 7 years... and yes I've had it re-tested. :)

PaintballWizard

The best in the west!
Oct 5, 2009
Besides, if you're playing woods you may vebusing a remote line. In which case the weight is pretty much irrelevant...

It's more a case of capacity if you ask me.

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
I would strongly recommend a carbon fibre tank as an air source,you can pick up used ones on the classifieds section for £70-£100 but make sure they have at least 2 years test left on them or you could buy a new one for £150-£170 with the full 5 years test and you have piece of mind that it hasn't been mistreated by the previous owner.

As for goggles don't shrimp when it comes to spending money on a set,just remember you will be wearing these for the best part of the day and need to be comfortable and most current premium goggles cost between £40-£100 ...Dye,Proto,JT,Empire,V-Force & Sly make great goggle systems.

There is a certain truth in whats been said in earlier posts,the better the gear (and usually more expensive) you buy now the more money you will save further up the line.

And remember if you see something you like and are unsure if it's a good deal don't be scared to ask.