Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what gear do I need?

makoa

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
I'm new to the sport and I am looking for the right setup. I have a 12oz. CO2 bottle but not sure if I need a regulator. Are most guns internally regulated?

the inline valves I have seen seem to screw directly on to the bottle. does it take the place of the pin valve? How do you re-fill the bottle if it does?

Does anyone do their own filling? I am considering a single valve setup but am concerned about un-regulated CO2 going into the bottle. Does it matter? I know the weight factor is more important so is a regulator on the fill side unnecessary?

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it!

Leper

Jolt
Oct 2, 2001
Bucks
www.kwidgybo.co.uk
CO2 doesn't need regulation as such, because its output pressure is always in the 800psi range (depending on temperature and a few other variables)

You're right to say that the weight is the important part, but I'm not too sure what you mean about the inline/single valves. A pin valve will be fine, but I'd recommend an on/off as it means you can turn the gas off before unscrewing the tank, and that means that you wont blow an o-ring when you take the tank off.

As far as doing you own filling, I do, but thats because I work at a rec-field and have access to a bulk tank and fill rig. I would suggest that you maybe find a field or shop near to you and get a fill there. Hopefully the people there will know what they're doing, and if your lucky they wont charge you for it :)

Do you mind if I ask what other equipment you have or are looking into getting?

Dean

May 30, 2003
england
Visit site
i noticed that some air rifles run off Co2 and they can usually fill those up at normal gun shops, would they b able 2 fill a paintball Co2 bottle there?

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
leper

co2 does need regulating on electros ie shockers ,immpys or you will blow the solonoids,tippys,innfernoes,spyders ect will be ok

dean
possably,but airguns only need tiny amounts off air,even if the shop will do it it will likely to be dear:( ,most pb sites will oly charge a pound to fill a 20oz:) :)

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Well where are you intending to use your filled CO2 canister? Cos firing your marker in your back garden opens up another can of worms, and I dread to think if you're taking it out onto "common" land or out in nearby woods for your own rec-ball session :eek:

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Ok, well if you're firing within a certain distance of a public highway then you could get into trouble (50m if I remember, but the law is detailed on the UKPSF website I think).
Apparently you don't even have to injure anyone for the offence to be commited - a member of the public merely needs to be "alarmed".

Also, if you're just "in the woods" at a non-designated paintball site then be aware that you really are on thin ice if you accidentally shoot the guy walking his dog or some kids gathering conkers...

There's a reason why insurance for running a paintball site is so high :rolleyes: