Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What gun layout do you want on a team?

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
You need accurate markers all round. I would also say it helps to have fast markers all round too, whether its on woodland or Sup'air. It all depends on your budget though. Flatlines and 18" or 20" barrels dont do anything significantly better than normal 12"-16" barrels. With Flatlines, they put backspin on the ball which does make them travel further but over the extra distance, they usually don't have enough energy to break.

I would suggest you change all your long barrels to 12" or 14" barrels so you can keep tighter in your bunkers and possibly spread the markers around. You definately need fast ones sweetspotting off the break though.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
You want to put the Tipps up front and when we say fast markers we normally think, Impy, Angel, Electro Cocker, but if you cant shot fast it dont mater what gun you got,

Everyone needs to be singing from the same hymn sheet so make sure no mater where the guns are then team knows what to do.

You still have not mentioned if you are woods, or supair,

Supair, then save some money trade in the slow markers and give the whole team something like fast and accurate which is most of the guns mentioned above as long as you get good paint to barrel match, (Which is where accuracy really comes from not the marker, (Flame away))

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
the best marker for any position is the one that the player feels most comfortable using! the marker does not make the player.......id quite happily play on the 50 with my old sniper2 pump gun! but then again i know i can trust my back players to be throwing enough paint to cover any mo-fo who tries to bunker my ass :)

simple answer, use what every you like best!

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
any top end marker, anywhere on the field............ personal taste is the really the only consideration. An angel, E-blade, Shocker or Timmy will do fine from any postion........... the considerations are......... the "bigger markers" may be tricky for wee front men, otherwise, it's the player that counts.........if you've a 20 stone player who owns a mag....... he won't have the ROF for back........... but it doesn't matter, he sure as hell can't play front.
If your front man loves shockers......... that's what he'll use.
So get the best markers you can afford, and pick positions based on players, not the kit. I use an ironman timmy or E-blade from Mid, if I have to play front, I switch to my old eclipse shocker......... why? It was my first marker and I'm used to runnning with it. That makes it the best for the job.

Puda_Vida

i'm loving every minute
Nov 18, 2003
Minnesota
thanks. yea, i feel about what you guys say about the guns being personall and like the person not the gun. like the gun is important but only to a certain extent. the person and how he uses the gun is more important. i'm getting a spyder imagine and my friend has the Piranahh e-force and all he ever sucks is how he hates the gun i'm gonna get over and over. and he just doesn't get that the gun isn't THAT important it's how use them. like i said i'm not saying it's not important at all because it is! but seirously he takes what gun you have way way way to seriously!

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
yeah we had a player who thought kinda like your friend down at a walk on day a few years ago so i gave him my cocker for the day and used his tippy.......he soon found out the hard way that its the player not the marker.....after i mugged him 3 games running.

i did see him again at another walk on and after he had given himself a bit of a 'team talk' he had turned into a resonably good player and prob still plays