Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what gun?

matt

Aug 4, 2001
Visit site
I want to spend no more than £200 on a complete set-up. Both the Tippmann 98 and Pi Black Dragun look viable; especially the latter as I have no facillity near by to fill up on CO2. I wish to use the gun in the garden and occaisionally at my local paintball centre- Hambuger hill. Any help gratefully accepted.
email matt-bates@connectfree.co.uk

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
personally i'd go for the tippmann because it is a very reliable gun, easy to maintain, Good warranty from distributor (WDP) and it is relativly cheap to upgrade when you have the cash.

If your in the garden mate make sure you have high fences and your neighbours don't mind you shooting your marker out there or at least let them know it's a paintball gun so they don't call the rozzers and the armed response unit comes out :)

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
Back Garden

Yeah, I'd be pretty careful about shootin' up your garden shed, or local forest behing your house - I think you could get done pretty easily by the authorities for that, - if you get any stray balls you get get done for vandalisation, maybe even noise disturbance from firing it the gun (stupid neighbours! - they just don't understand the urges we get to blast off a couple of rounds!). - You could try getting paintball insurance for your back yard and then do it - but I fear that'd probably cost quite a bit more than just going to the nearest site anyway!! Good luck and don't get arrested! :D

MidgetFista

Nov 12, 2001
Cheshire, UK
homepages.manx.net
my 1st marker was a spyder shutter, and it was fine as a starter marker. It don't need much tricking outta the box, since most of what u need is already there.

If your wanting a "outta the box" marker, i'd opt for the shutter definatly. Althougth it was because of this i bought a Mag. One extreme to the other i guess.

The shutter alone on planet is £230 (+vat?). and thats without hopper, co2 tank etc.

if u wanna keep near your £200 budget i'd suggest going for the Spyder Xtra package on there (the marker, 20oz Bottle, Anti Syphon Tube, On/ Off valve, elbow, VL200, JT Nvader Mask)
for £229 (+vat?)

best thing about buying a spyder / tippman, is that alot of ballers have owned one of these in their 'balling life, so support is never too hard to find.

On another note, i wouldn't go shooting your gun too much in the garden if your in a built up area. there is always some moaning cumt waiting to grass you up.

Midge