Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What happened to the UKscenario forum?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Wasn't that one run down at Camouflage in Bournemouth? we played that WAAYYYYY back in the day!
It was

We then went on to complete the Takhur Ghar trilogy with 5 parts (TGs1-3 and TG0.5 and TG2.5)
It’s home was Camouflage, but we also took it to Skirmish Dorset and Ambush Botley. We had planned a tunnels episode (Tora Bora) for Drakelow but that had to be cancelled and we later converted it for Ironsight (inside an old mushroom farm)

The storyline went into madness. Going from standard Afghanistan to Columbian cartels vs Somali pirates with peacekeepers and Afghan locals in the middle.

I remember almost nothing of TG1, other than running up and down the hills with wooden boxes of air cylinders as we were filling and swapping players cylinders in the middle of firefights, the Marshall running the portable compressor in the game had his radio on vox kept blocking game comms when he ran the compressor and the moment that we had completed setup the day before - there were 3 of us running it (plus site staff for the game day!) and 2 of us had been playing the other scenarios over the years.
Reality hit us as we stood on the top of the valley surveying our days work and looking forward to Sunday.
We realized that with every team in scenario coming (including the organizers of all the games we had previously played - thinking we could do what they do) reality set in. We were either going to pull it off or look like the biggest pair of dicks in scenario.
It turned out well in the end!!!!

WizBit

Jan 26, 2009
Wasn't that one run down at Camouflage in Bournemouth? we played that WAAYYYYY back in the day!
i think so, we arrived then got taken by a truck to the site if i remember correctly. had vehicles and explosions every where awesome day

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
i think so, we arrived then got taken by a truck to the site if i remember correctly. had vehicles and explosions every where awesome day
We didn’t have a truck to get on site, possibly Holmbush?

We did have explosions, and more over time, lots once Enola Gaye came on board and as Adam developed the gadgets.
Big explosions would sound like games that Martello brought his pyro to

WizBit

Jan 26, 2009
We didn’t have a truck to get on site, possibly Holmbush?

We did have explosions, and more over time, lots once Enola Gaye came on board and as Adam developed the gadgets.
Big explosions would sound like games that Martello brought his pyro to
yea i think that sounds like it. maybe we didnt use a truck just a long then?

WizBit

Jan 26, 2009
Damn dudes. This is a throwback .

It was the first proper walk on we had done as kids, and we took all our mates from our team and also from college at the time too.
this was my last game, i retired after this lol im made centre spread of the paintball magazine at this game!! my only claim to fame lol

Attachments

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
Oh man, When Valken had just arrived and their look was so different to what everyone else was doing at the time.

I still have a rotor that I bought new then and it still works now as my go to loader.

WizBit

Jan 26, 2009
yep, we got sponsored by valken when they first came out and were looking for teams. It was so recognisable, people started knowing who i was on the forums from that clothing. i still have the clothing.....the one thing i kept when i sold everything along with my rotor which i got second hand and its still going, well it was last time i used it, need to dig it out and check now im getting back into it lol.

such great memories lol

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
this was my last game, i retired after this lol im made centre spread of the paintball magazine at this game!! my only claim to fame lol
Looks remarkably like Bullswood Skirmish in that image, Stalingrad game, must have been a while ago as Rayko has not been doing event photography for a very long time

WizBit

Jan 26, 2009
You could be right, i found my lanyard with all my big games on it. i did stalingrad 2 & 3. i think i worked out i stopped playing around 2011ish

He did get some good photos, does anyone still do photos these days?