Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What happens when a motorized hopper runs out of batteries?

DSONYX99

Oct 26, 2001
Rapid City, SD
Visit site
If the juice runs out during a game, and you don't have any replacement batteries, does it obstruct any feeding, or does it become just like a regular gravity feed?

I am considering buying one, any advice on good and bad hoppers.

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Originally posted by DSONYX99
If the juice runs out during a game, and you don't have any replacement batteries, does it obstruct any feeding, or does it become just like a regular gravity feed?

I am considering buying one, any advice on good and bad hoppers.
If you're luck really sucks, the paddle can stop directly in line with the feed port and just barely keep the balls from going in. 99.9999 percent of the time it works just like gravity feed. As far as buying, Viewloader is tried and true in the motorized hopper world.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Well, if one of the paddles stops over the feeding tube, your f*cked. Otherwise it'll be just like a regular hopper.

They're worth the money though. Get a 12V VL Revolution. Decent pricetag and they perform like a charm. The got a nice light to tell you when your batteries are low too. :D

eric

Dedicated Pot Bitch
Aug 23, 2001
US, Ohio
Visit site
I've had the paddle stuck in the way before. You just take out your hopper, turn the neck up, put you finger in and move it out of the way. I have just realized with my new evil paddle that it won't really feed when the batteries run out. I change em every couple of times I play.

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Anyway you shouldnt be in that situation because they dont just suddenly stop, they just slow down over a period of days to a stop. When you notice that happening just replace the batteries, duracells work best.

Also if they do cut out in game, just empty a few paintballs stick your hand in and move the blades out of the way of the hole.