Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What happens when you tell someone that you play paintball?

Demonic69

I Created a Mocka!!!
May 21, 2005
Barnsley, UK
Visit site
Mario said:
If i went to a football match/race and i didnt know anything about the sport i could tell within seconds who's winning. In paintball i just couldn't.
Can't count then Mario? "Ohh look, they've got 3 players left and the others only have 2.. I wonder who's winning..."
Also ever tried explaining Cricket to someone who has no idea of the rules? Cricket is confusing as hell! Somehow they manage to televise that.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Demonic69 said:
Can't count then Mario? "Ohh look, they've got 3 players left and the others only have 2.. I wonder who's winning..."
insults eh? thats what comes with a feeble argument i guess...cricket is fairly simple to pick up. you can tell who's winning within a few minutes. One side has more runs to wicket ratio's than another. Its simple enough to explain.

Paintball - One side has two players and the other has three. But the losing team got the flag grab which means they have more points at this point in time, but the other team have more players...etc etc blah blah

come on - give me a better argument D69. Your providing me with a good point, you need to give it some more beef.

edit: Its also fairly easy to televise because all the action happens at one particular point on the pitch and it involves 2 objects which are easy to see.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
manners87 said:
1)paintball: cameras can invariably watch more than one player... but i guess you didnt think that two people can fit into one shot at the same time and/or more than two. *cough* maybe you cant because of the size of your head* (bit petty but it made me laugh). but never mind mario once again your extensive experience of typing on forums defeats my enthusiasm.

2)and as for being right i wasnt exactly trying to be i was subtly pointing out that you agreed in writing with what i put. and then said that i was incorrect. maybe how you wrote it was different as to how i read it. feel free to go about calling people dumb but did you not say?

"When you are a spectator at the circuit, it is indeed slightly harder to follow what's happening, but the people that go to these races (particluarly at modern day prices) are already big fans and go as much for the atmosphere as for the races themselves.Same counts for the people that go to paintball tournaments, these guys already love the game."

Then i (to back up my argument on the comparison of motorsport and paintball) said

"Paintball: People go for the atmosphere
Motorsport: People go for the atmosphere"

(this statement then agrees with yours and supports my comparison of paintball and motorsport)

followed by you making the pointless comment of this

"As for people with an interest attending for the atmosphere: duh."

maybe im missunderstanding you. or maybe your just not making sense either way... "MEH" it was my opinion and your not really gunna make me change. have a good evening.
:D
Jesus, you just proved that you are an idiot. Keep digging your grave, it's fun...

1) If that's what you think, you need to wake up and smell the coffee. There's no way in hell that you can have a camera focus on more than one player and keep it interesting/watchable for the avarge guy at home. How do I know this? I used to be that guy filming the games. Also, I am one of the people involved with getting other sports on TV (mainly American Football). So I do have a slight inkling of what I am talking about, unlike you... You're bringing a knife to a gunfight.

2) I was not agreeing with what you said. The fact that you think I was only goes to show how far you live with your head up your ass, that you fail to see what's really being said. I somewhat agreed with two of your points, namely paintball and racing being hard to follow when you're really there (though racing is infinitely easier to follow when you're there, not much chance of missing the action, all you have to do is stare at the bit of tarmac...), but since we're not talking about paintball "while you're there", but rather about televised paintball, I disagreed with your notion that paintball is easy to televise (been there, done that). So if you think that me (somewhat) agreeing with two of your minor points, but totally disagreeing with your main point, means that we are in agreement, you need to lay off the drugs.

In conclusion (I'll run it by you again, because your mind does not seam to grasp this), paintball is nothing like motorsports, as it is infinitely more difficult to televise. You said it was as easy as motorsports. So we disagree. Get it now, numbskull? (Yeah, I'm doing namecalling, but I can't stand people who act smart and snooty, while they really don't have a fukkin clue as to what they are talking about. And even more so when they choose to ignore the real point of somebody's post, and just use the bits that are not per se contrary to what they say.)

If you use bits of my post again, make sure you use the full content, not just the bit that suits you.

Revolt

Monkey features
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
not having a dig buddha just generally interested in your opinion

do you not think the "world paintball championships" on espn was / is succesful? or were you reffering to uk only

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Revolt said:

do you not think the "world paintball championships" on espn was / is succesful? or were you reffering to uk only
seemimgly not if ESPN are unwilling to continue coverage even though they had excellent ratings....

manners87

I cant shoot
Feb 28, 2006
Halifax
Visit site
ah buddha your abusive when people dont understand? aw arent you nice... well chaps after showing how much care and attention i pay to these forums i find it quite comical that your still arguing this point. buddah if you wernt so eager to be right youd have let marios put down surfice. but hey just cause he has what you lack. whitt. anyway. like i said, its my opinion. and i probably could give it a good shot and make it work but like you said im dumb and i dont know what im talking about. so ill just let you continue with your important conversation.

mario what happened to "paint ball is gay?" or does that still stand. and did you ever get that DM6? feel free to pm me or text me the reply if there is one... kinda bored of this thread it got too arsy.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Revolt said:

As Mario pointed out, the show will no longer be on. Says it all, I'm afraid.

As it is, paintball is at the moment only interesting to watch if you play the game already. Very few outsiders can be bothered...:(

Demonic69

I Created a Mocka!!!
May 21, 2005
Barnsley, UK
Visit site
Mario said:
insults eh? thats what comes with a feeble argument i guess...
Sorry, miseed the wink off the end of that line :D

Mario said:
cricket is fairly simple to pick up. you can tell who's winning within a few minutes. One side has more runs to wicket ratio's than another. Its simple enough to explain.

Paintball - One side has two players and the other has three. But the losing team got the flag grab which means they have more points at this point in time, but the other team have more players...etc etc blah blah
See, you just explained PB in a nutshell, would be easy enough to explain to a complete newb too.
You also didn't explain the rest of the rules regarding the last days of play in cricket, where the losing team can turn it around and win even with fewer runs, just the same as PB.

I agree that PB would be a pain to televise, especially live and un-edited.