Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what holds more air?

camsmith

Just call me Cam...
Jun 12, 2003
Surrey, UK
Visit site
What is actually interesting is to have a look at 1.1(4500) v 1.9(3000). Although the 1.9 holds slightly more air, when you subtract the minimum pressure required (i.e. your gun won't fire if there's only 200psi left in the tank), the smaller tank actually catches up here.

pb-afroman

Manike... Although R and T could be held constant, how do you know that the number of mols are the same? I would imagine that different volumes at different pressures will hold a different masses (and therefore mols) of gas. What needs to be done is weigh each tank before and after filling to find the mass of gas that has been put inside. Since air is 70% Nitrogen and basically 30% Oxygen, you can then find the mols gas. Plug that into the equation P1V1/N1=P2V2/N2 and you should get a more accurate idea of which will hold more.

pb-afroman

Oops...but for our purposes it doesn't really matter. All we need to do is make sure we use the same molecular mass for each tank to determine the number of moles.

Also, I made a mistake on my last post. It would not be p1v1/n1=p2v2/n2, that would only be the case if they both held exactly the same ammount of air. Instead you can just multiply out each one (p1v1/n1 & p2v2/n2) and whichever results in a larger number will be the one that holds more air.

dirtydenn

how long's the fuse?
May 9, 2002
london
Visit site
so the 1.5l 4500 then? this is for my tippy so it really does actually matter for once (god it's thirsty)

cool

and yea i have both, and 2 1.1's

now what i really need is a 1.9l 4500!!!!!!!!!!

and a wheel barrow