Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What hopper and Air system shall I get?

Miles

Mar 14, 2009
Birmingham
if it's you max budget and you don't want to buy second hand - sure :)
Well it's not really my max budget, but I do want to keep things on the sort of low side? :p

Reason why I was going to buy new was because I'm a noob and I don't know how I'll go about serving the tank etc so if I buy it new I know everything is good with it :)

I tell you what! :) What do you recommend?

Additonal Questions!!

What is the difference betweena fluffy and a double ended Swab? :/

Do I need to buy a pressure gauge as well as the air system?

Stokecity_m

Aug 31, 2005
Stoke-on-Trent
www.gb-paintball.co.uk
well for about £70 you can get a 2nd hand 1.1litre HP Fibre wrap bottle - it's lighter and holds more air.
Just make sure the one you buy has a few years before it needs a re-test.
Also you will have to wait until one comes up forsale.

You shouldn't have to service a tank at all. - once it's current test has run out you will need to send it off for re-testing (about £25)

Miles

Mar 14, 2009
Birmingham
well for about £70 you can get a 2nd hand 1.1litre HP Fibre wrap bottle - it's lighter and holds more air.
Just make sure the one you buy has a few years before it needs a re-test.
Also you will have to wait until one comes up forsale.

You shouldn't have to service a tank at all. - once it's current test has run out you will need to send it off for re-testing (about £25)
Oh right ok, I might do that then ;)

Sounds within budget and a bargin! Cheers buddy.

Whats a fluffy and a swab? Are they both used for claening the barrel? What are the differnces between the two?

smelly_bandit

Mar 13, 2009
maybe different materials used?? never gave it too much thought.

i have a BT "battle swab" it does what it says on the tin cleans out barrel breaks, it stays in my thigh pocket looking pretty i think i have used it once or twice.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
a fluffy and swab are the same, the other thing you can use for cleaning your barrel is a straight-shot squeegie, but fluffies are best for cleaning small amounts of paint out and leaving your barrel clean, whereas a straightshot i better for cleaning bad breaks out of your barrel. In an ideal world you use the straightshot then the fluffy, but in reality just grab yourself a fluffy or two. The bottle you've suggested is fine. You may want to upgrade in future, but for a budget it's just fine. You don't really need to service your bottle (they need retesting every 5 years), so don't worry too much about that, but when dealing with these extremely high pressures it is best to go new if there's any doubt.