Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What is a sight?

Skeet

Platinum Member
Not sure whether they are legal in PB..but they are legal in this country.
Indeed...Laser sights project a point on the target, where as, Red Dot sights, are used with both eyes open, and an optical illusion, puts a red dot infront of the eye that isnt behind the sight, thereby giving a very quick point of aim.
Gaz

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I think when you mention hoppers with sights, that's the "eye" that detects if there's a ball in the feed. It's an optical device, so sometimes the language is confusing.
Most electro hoppers have an "eye" or similar, the top end markers have one too.........just stops the marker trying to fire when the ball isn't fully in the breach. Not for aiming.
I'm pretty sure laser sights are illegal in most tournies (for the blinding issue) and the hopper would make them useless anyway (most sight rails are behind the hopper) so only an optical illusion red dot will work. (it fools you into seeing a projected dot).
Try out a red-dot and see if it works for you...........you don't see many in tournaments, but if it works for you, go with it.
In woods ball you'll probably find a laser good fun but a liability, not much cop for aiming and just lets everyone see where you are!!!!!!. In air-ball if you need a sight to aim, then you're going to get lit up before you get it to your shoulder.

Puda_Vida

i'm loving every minute
Nov 18, 2003
Minnesota
if you absolutly want a sight i'd go with the red dot sight. it's ok effective but not needed like people say! the rail on the gun never really works for me! personally i have quick enough reflexes i can shoot once see where the ball is going and most times adjust before the ball even hits and just keep doing this. or if your rich just load up and lay down your paint in a spray formation! untill you hit them! so just get good with your reflexes! and you'll do better! so it's all personall prefrence. my friend says he can't play without it and i can do pretty much better without it. cause to me it just distracts and i never really understood how it totally works! so i'm gonna have to agree and say it's all personall choice!