Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What is a sniper

ProFlexy

Apr 8, 2009
I have looked at gun packages and ii just wanted to know what makes a paintball gun a sniper? because it says that a tippmann a5 with flatline is a "sniper".

iNTOXiCATiON

Lucky 15's
Mar 12, 2009
Middlewich, Cheshire
Correct me if i am wrong to the more knowledgeable people out there but that barrel is better for ranged shots as it creates back spin on the ball so to speak so shoots further more straighter then say a normal barrel where you would have to raise it slightly in the air to achieve a similiar shot. So good for sniping shots maybe ???

Cam Mc

Yes, quite...
Dec 10, 2008
North West
In paintball there really isnt a thing called a sniper, every marker, no matter how dolled up it is can shoot 300yards give or take a few.

Some players like to dress up in ghillie suits and put a £200 scope on a £150 gun so they look cool, these, in the scenario world of paintball, may be called snipers.

Just my 2 pence piece;)

ProFlexy

Apr 8, 2009
In paintball there really isnt a thing called a sniper, every marker, no matter how dolled up it is can shoot 300yards give or take a few.

Some players like to dress up in ghillie suits and put a £200 scope on a £150 gun so they look cool, these, in the scenario world of paintball, may be called snipers.

Just my 2 pence piece;)
oh right

Pmr Man

otherwise known as Bing!
Apr 24, 2008
satans layby- MILTON KEYNES
flatlines your best bet, was at a walkon on monday and 4 people with speedball guns (inc me) went against people with those 20 inch barrels. just no. please no. they didn't manage to hit me, and when they did it bounced. another factor was that they couldn't stay directly behid a bunker.

annnyyyywwwwaaayyyy cam mc is basiccally right but the best bet is the flatline, they go more than most but are picky on paint. there are new paintballs coming out soon by tiberius that have fins on them that alledgedly make them go around 30% more but they are probably going to retail for about 50p a paintball but i'm not too sure. also i don't know if they are coming to the uk

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
I wouldn't bother with a Flatline as the guns they are on are usually a bit 'basic'. Apex barrels are a similar idea also putting back spin on a ball and you can get various lengths in cocker thread.

As stencils link shows there was a gun called the Sniper and Sniper II, made by Bud Orr in the 90s (later became Worr). Now it's common to call any Autococker pump conversion a 'Sniper' as the Sniper is the pump the autococker was based on.

dicksin200

veni vidi vici
Feb 2, 2009
sheffield
lol

its all about covering the market i have had the A5 with flatline,apex and 20" barrel looks great but thats where it stops.The range while being about 30ft longer has less pace in it and as has been said before dont break (hence no point).so my point is that the gun whilst a good marker at normal range has been made to look like it can do more than it can ie sniper but when there is a market of people that will buy what can you expect....i havnt found anything that is as accurate as my dm9 even at distance.also you will find that the fire rate on these sniper units is very poor to the side of the comp markers