Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What is a sniper

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
The flatline does have its uses though, get in the kind of woodland where you have to stoop to move about and it can shoot further than other barrels because of the flatter arch of the shot, in open ground it won't shoot any further than a standard barrel (anyone who has ever done any physics will know why).

However you have to get the paint right since there is no way to adjust bore size, you can't take them up to 300 fps with fragile paint because the kink if the barrel puts to much force on one side and bursts them, if you use harder paint you can go upto 300fps but then it's not likely to burst at the edge of it's range which is what sniping is all about.

Plus an A5 could never be a snipers rifle - to noisy, you'll only ever get two shots off before they know where you are and if your on CO2 you won't be able to see in front of you after those two shots.

Basically paintballs don't go far enough for snipers to get involved, I spent an entire game "sniping" at a bloke at Danger Zone couple of years back who was so far away I was elevating the barrel by 35 degrees or so, afterwards he showed me about ten completely intact paintballs that had hit his side and rolled down into his pocket!

Relnet1essPaintBall

Apr 19, 2009
if you realy want a sniper get a t9 with first strike rounds and that is probably the closest to a real sniper (no bulets ovuasly)
long range shots cus of the design of the round

only problem it fairly expensive and i dont think tiberiuns sell the first strike rounds in the uk

Hav0s

May 5, 2009
i had a look at those paintballs on youtube, hope they manage to make a feeder for them. manually loading each ball would suck.
from what ive heard a flatline is the best way to go as balls get no help from rifeling like bullets do cause they are not as aerodynamic.
been researching hard to try to find out what to get cause i want to be a "sniper" too cause it seems to be more cost effective
(says that going into a sport costing hundreds to play a year)

ProFlexy

Apr 8, 2009
i had a look at those paintballs on youtube, hope they manage to make a feeder for them. manually loading each ball would suck.
from what ive heard a flatline is the best way to go as balls get no help from rifeling like bullets do cause they are not as aerodynamic.
been researching hard to try to find out what to get cause i want to be a "sniper" too cause it seems to be more cost effective
(says that going into a sport costing hundreds to play a year)
Ye manually loading them would be awfull