Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What is best to wear on your neck/head when playing??

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
As well as my mask, I wear a beanie...

I've just bought a neck protector too, as the neck is the place I most fear getting shot. Played the NSPL on Sunday with it left in my kit bag. Second game I got hit in the side of my neck, which so many people have described only as a hicky since :rolleyes:

The neck protector went on after that game ;)

-Will

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
its all down to personal choice and wether you are concerned about getting shot in those areas, i personally rarely wear a propper neck protector, a bandana does enough to take the sting out of most hits. head wear i usually go for a head band of some sort or other although some of these peaked beanies that are around at the mo look the business.....more for getting bounces off the peak than head protection tho, ive been shot in the noggin loads of times and it never really bothers me anymore than any other hit (till the bruise comes up the day after). back of the neck smarts a bit, backwards cap helps there if that one concerns you.
the adrenaline buzz takes the pain out of it for me, but i would encorage new players to wear something a bit more 'sencible' so as to avoid them being scared off playing due to a couple of head shots.

Martin 123

Maidenhead Trauma
Jun 18, 2006
Guildford
www.maidenheadtrauma.co.uk
i usually wear obviously my jt mask, and a beanie hat, not to bothered about getting shot in the neck, so dont bother with neck protector.

but its personal preference, i mean the pain only last about 10 seconds, but its upto you.

Martin.

Hybrid

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2006
Croydon, Greater London
I just wear a mask and a neck protector.

Generally don't like to cover the top of my head as by the end of a game I'm usually sweating all over the place and a beanie or headband just doesn't help me with that, not to mention its only a slight sting when you're hit in the hair:p

The neck protector is cheap and unrestrictive and can save you from some nasty bruses or welts over your neck. Get one!:D

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
What jahlad says + if its raining or your getting sun glare then something with a peak will less disadvantage you.

Most headwear is dictated by fashion though. If you want more bouncies from head shots then fro's are the way forward.

wrathchild

Oct 9, 2006
i just wear a standard bandana also one tied round my neck which you can lift over your mouth stops you getting hiot in the neck n ya dont get paint in your mouth as it tastes so bad lol