Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What is 'Love' anyway?

pablo666

Aha, you posess humility and brains .... all you need now is the expereince in life required to underwrite the former two .... you'll get there Pab, faster than most maybes if you maintain the same approach to life.

And so, here endeth the latest of P8ntballer.com's lessons in life.
Yeah i guess they are up there somewhere ;) I know when to take a seat but it's worth fighting for what you believe in. Looking forward to the next topic now, not often a proper discussion/disagreement comes up with other 17 year olds i know like this. Hope those hard boiled sweets were good ;)

CK

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Well i know when i'm beat, i hadn't predicted such an in depth and what i would call one of the best analysis i've ever seen. I see you're point and agree yes, i do not have the experience of someone older and therefore did not have a right to offer a comment. However i did, be it wrong or right to whoever reads it. To me it is what i believe and will not stop because someone pointed out the errors in my judgement.I offered JamesH advice based on my experiences as a person the same age as him, which he agreed with "100%". Another point which backs you up in you're comment on youthful ignorance. I will continue paying close attention to this section and posting regularly in "the Brain Box" as i hope you do Missy. Perhaps next time the subject will be something we can discuss without this or perhaps not ;), after all you're analysis i have read 5 times and continues to amaze me :) Plenty to learn.
No hard feelings at the end of this one i hope?

CK

p.s sorry those whose money i just lost who were betting on me ;)
All you've done above Pablo,is make yourself look like a gent. Of course there are no hard feelings, and as Pete pointed out, you're not 'thick', and I never hinted that you were.
I did enjoy the opportunity to rip apart your posts, and for that I thank you. From now on I'm on your team (unless you say something really stupid).

pablo666

All you've done above Pablo,is make yourself look like a gent. Of course there are no hard feelings, and as Pete pointed out, you're not 'thick', and I never hinted that you were.
I did enjoy the opportunity to rip apart your posts, and for that I thank you. From now on I'm on your team (unless you say something really stupid).
Thanks alot :) It has been interesting, i look forward to the next discussion we are both involved in. I'll be sure not to head rush into the topics but instead think about what i'm really saying and the relevance and legitimacy. Im actually glad you did, i have already learned a fair bit from just reading through your analysis. Good to be on side :D

CK

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
Personally i am gutted :( i thought we were deffo going to see some windmilling goin gon there, actually come to think of it i really respect the guy, women rule and are always right, you learned and demonstrated the first tactful skill well done Mr 17 year old :D

Edit:- having looked back and with a word of guidance Mr 17 year old... dont give in so easily with women (in a non forum context) they are always wrong you just need something (made up or not) that proves otherwise... ATM is always the way forward dont let anyone tell you she dont love you lol :D

2nd Edit:- ATM obviously means; Auto transaction machine (hole in the wall - Money machine). Just trying to remain PC lol :D

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
It's a wonderful concotion of hormones, chemicals, personality, situation and circumstances.

All driven by sex.

And it's awesome :)

But seriously.

Love is subjective, how can anyone not believe in 'love'? Blah blah all those people in the world and you say that one person is 'the one' but why can't someone be the one for a while, and then some of the above change, personality say, and then because you are different your perfect partner is different.

So you fall in love, and you stay in love if you grow together, if you grow apart, then it's over, but it's amazing and so deal with it while it exists :)

Skeet

Platinum Member
I'm not sure people love haemorrhoid cream do they ?
Pete. You are of course, totally oblivious to the fact that I am currently, midway through a cold.
However, the above comment did force me to eject a string of semi clear, bubbling snot over my keyboard.

This will not be an easy clean up...

Love is a very powerful thing, one of the most powerful "forces" (yeah I know hence "") of nature, yet is so difficult to quantify, if it is even possible.

It can rapidly reduce a real "Man's Man", to a blubbering whelp.

From my own point of view, in can turn me from a pretty level headed and sensible guy, into a totally irrational, spontaneous pr!ck AND a blubbering whelp.

As the OP is a teenager, it will be impossible to understand "Love" in the way that it is commonly meant, for a partner or child...as well as that they are two different things, but also the same thing.
I think Pete, commented something similar, in that a teenager might well be able to draw on feelings of love for a parent, brother / sister etc.
However, I think teenagers/young people, are too busy being teenagers and "hating" their parents/brother/sister on and off. It would usually take something (sadly) tragic, to awaken true feelings of platonic love.

True feelings of love, both platonic and "the other type" are as much about feelings of loss of a person as they are about having a person in your life.

Joni Mitchell said it well in, Big Yellow Taxi.

"Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got, till it's gone?"

Or, Memphis Raines (Nicolas Cage, Gone in 60 Seconds)

"Without disappointment, you cannot appreciate victory"

Might have been said by someone else before it made its way into the script!
I'm not just randomly quoting the entertainment industry here though.

The point is the duality of Love. Pleasure and pain, having and losing. You can't appreciate pleasure, unless you know what pain is. You can't appreciate, or may no even realise "Love", until you lose, or come close to losing, the person your feelings are directed at.

Love is very primal, in that in life, there are certain things that you HAVE to have. Air, water, food, warmth and so on. You will give your last ounce of energy to maintain these things, because you simply have to have them...you can't help it.

Such is the way with Love.

This is not to be confused with an infatuation or a selfish desire. When your primal instinct takes over in Love, you are fighting to protect what essentially, is an extension of yourself. Not trying to possess something because you WANT them, as in an infatuation. Infatuation, is commonly misinterpreted as love, especially amongst teenagers and young people.

Many of the feelings that come with Love, are also experienced in an infatuation. A real and present wanting, of another person. It may even be shared by both persons, but this is not love.

Love is,
(for those of you that remember):D...

...like comfy shoes. You just fit together. Something about that person (hopefully more than one thing!) just feels right to you and fits well with you.

It may come to the two people in the relationship at different times.
Mrs Skeet for example. She had two children before we were together, so she knew what real feelings of love were. I however, cannot say that I knew what love was.
Mrs Skeet told me, some time after the fact, that she first knew how she felt...get this...when she visited the toilet in her house, after me and realised I had changed the loo roll!

Yup, being considerate when I use a bog, has got me married with 4 kids. What did I say at the beginning?

"Love is a very powerful thing"

So yeah, she had these feelings of love, before I knew I had them for her. So of course she had then sailed on, aboard the Love Boat and I jumped on board once I knew what was happening.

Very glad I did not miss that boat.

So yeah...erm...not really sure if any of that has made sense at all, I just rambled a bit.
Besides, if I could quantify love...I wouldn't be a telephone engineer!:D

Now to clean that snot up....