Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What is 'Love' anyway?

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
A lot of the 'worst' things people have done tend to be hidden from others ...... even partners.

Be careful Jonathan, you are gonna come out the other side of this one with one of them sickly sounding phrases that get passed around by email .... generally by chicks.
Point taken.

As I said, I speak from experience. A certain person knows all the bad things about me, and she's still around. And it's a long list.

Anyway, enough already.

"I love lamp".

Is that better?

:)

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
......er ..... I suppose so but on first reading, it looked like, 'I love lump' which kinda shook me a little ..... and Lemon, no doubt!
It's a quote from "Anchorman".

If you haven't seen it, i'll lend it to you.

And, Lump is very loveable. Lemon moreso.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It's a quote from "Anchorman".

If you haven't seen it, i'll lend it to you.

And, Lump is very loveable. Lemon moreso.

Jon, I've seen it mate ..... it's just that my memory isn't what it used to be...however, if you wanna hear some quotes from Tombstone ......oh my, so many gems, I'm overcome.

pablo666

Bloody hell Pablo, you're only 17? Damn...

Although I can see a lot of irony in somebody that has a nick ending in 666 talking about God ;), I must say that your post is pretty darn good.

Only the above I would change slightly. It is in fact easy to create this love (well, easy-ish), it is hard to sustain this love.
Haha thanks :p According to my school i'm one of these people who is " above average intelligence" so i guess it helps in discussions such as this :p

I did make the profile when i was 14 :p, i wanted CK as that is how people i play with know me, but it wasn't long enough so i went for an old school name :p

Thanks a lot for the credit ;) and yeah i'd definatly agree about sustaining the love. Do you not believe that there has to be a certain "portion" of this love already there in order to create the "full thing". For me i'd say that a strong bond between the two people is needed, even before thinking about the relationship i.e close in personality,beliefs etc. as having the same interests is often useful of course for talking points etc. and it means you enjoy doing similar things, therefore, there is less confliction and negativety in the relationship, so this "gut wrenching love" is hard to sustain, but personally i would say it is by no means easy to create, but of course this is a personal view, just wondered what your thoughts were on it in detail Buddha.

CK

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Haha thanks :p According to my school i'm one of these people who is " above average intelligence" so i guess it helps in discussions such as this :p

I did make the profile when i was 14 :p, i wanted CK as that is how people i play with know me, but it wasn't long enough so i went for an old school name :p

Thanks a lot for the credit ;) and yeah i'd definatly agree about sustaining the love. Do you not believe that there has to be a certain "portion" of this love already there in order to create the "full thing". For me i'd say that a strong bond between the two people is needed, even before thinking about the relationship i.e close in personality,beliefs etc. as having the same interests is often useful of course for talking points etc. and it means you enjoy doing similar things, therefore, there is less confliction and negativety in the relationship, so this "gut wrenching love" is hard to sustain, but personally i would say it is by no means easy to create, but of course this is a personal view, just wondered what your thoughts were on it in detail Buddha.

CK
yeah Jay,
Please give us your deepest thoughts on 'Gut-wrenching Love', in detail.

Would you agree with young Pablo that there has to be a small portion of love there in the first place in order to create the 'full thing'?

....this should be good.

pablo666

I think anybody still in their teens can most certainly describe certain types of love such as sibling or parental love but I don't think they are equipped to adequately describe the love you have for a partner ..... this particular expertise comes later in life.
I realise there might be some differing of opinion here but the majority of this will emerge from the younger element maybes.
I personally would disagree. Im 17 and believe i have a fairly decent grasp of the concept of "love" for partners. I think if someone in there teens has had experiences perhaps not personally but through other people and their relationships, they can have a good view on relationships and love.

I personally have friends who are both 17, have been together for 5 years, have a child and are extremely close. At the same time through parents as well as other friends parents i have seen many sides of love. I'm not trying to say i know everything about love, but i personally think that if you actually take a back seat and "people watch" so to speak as i have done on various peoples relationships i.e my friends, their parents and my own family, you can obtain a good idea of how it works and in some cases, doesn't as well as the problems,concepts and truth behind this thing we call love (not trying to sound like a creep who sits in the cupboard listening to couples talking ;) ).

I gave my views in a couple of posts earlier in the thread which i was given credit for by Buddha, but i do respect yours and everyone else's opinions on the subject, just wondered what you thought to this Robbo.

CK

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I personally have friends who are both 17, have been together for 5 years, have a child and are extremely close. At the same time through parents as well as other friends parents i have seen many sides of love. I'm not trying to say i know everything about love, but i personally think that if you actually take a back seat and "people watch" so to speak as i have done on various peoples relationships i.e my friends, their parents and my own family, you can obtain a good idea of how it works and in some cases, doesn't as well as the problems,concepts and truth behind this thing we call love (not trying to sound like a creep who sits in the cupboard listening to couples talking ;) ).

CK
I definitely don't want to sound rude, but if you're not in the cupboard, where exactly are you situated while eavesdropping on these conversations? Do the other people know you are there? Do you join the conversations or just listen?

pablo666

I definitely don't want to sound rude, but if you're not in the cupboard, where exactly are you situated while eavesdropping on these conversations? Do the other people know you are there? Do you join the conversations or just listen?
Haha, i guess i could have phrased it better eh. Many of my friends parents are separated, however there were many times i was at the friends house and domestics were occuring here,there and everywhere. The guy who has had a kid is one of my oldest friends as well so we talk alot about his relationship. I was just trying to emphasize the point that perhaps not all teens haven't yet grasped the concept of love, after all Buddha seemed to feel that i posted a fairly good idea of love. All i'm interested in is knowing the reasons for people's thinking, it's just good to have a discussion about these things, hence why "the brain box" is here :)

CK