Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what is the best barrel kit for an etek ego

mackemforever

Bristol Addiction
Nov 30, 2007
As in the title really, what is the best (and preferebly best value) barrel kit or individual barrel available for the etek ego.
Also, what thread does the etek take?
And how can you tell what size balls you are actually using.
Sorry if these questions sound a bit stupid but I have absolutely no idea.

Thanks.

webby

University Barbarians
Eteks take (auto)cocker threaded barrels. In terms of figuring out the size of paint you're using, you can buy a paint gauge, which is basically a piece of plastic with different sized holes drilled in it. Or, more simply, you can choose the right bore size from your kit by dropping a handful of balls through the barrel. If they fit well but can be blown through easily, then this is the right size. It is better to use a bore size that is slightly larger than your paint, than one that is too small.

In terms of which kit, I'd recommend the Un1tec Barrel from Warped. http://www.paintball-equipment-online.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=79&products_id=523 . You can buy one back (in cocker threads) to fit your etek, and then a few different bore sizes.

mackemforever

Bristol Addiction
Nov 30, 2007
Tbh I have just gone for a un1tec barrel with a single .693 insert for now as my team are shooting tomahawk paint this season which should all be .693.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
as long as your barrel can take different size inserts/backs you're fine, as you can always buy different sized inserts/backs when you have some spare cash.

FirebirD

Grade 'A' Chump
Jun 22, 2006
Dorset
Matchstik / SL kit - if you have money to spend
Freak - if you have a medium budget
Unitech - if you want the cheapest (but still a very good barrel) :)