The Home Of European Paintball

What is the best marker?

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
OK this is a weighted question I know,

People are sponsored or have a certain allegiance.

So put it into context.

I am an ex-player and would love to get back into playing, but know it won't be for a while.

I used to use an Impulse (Smart Parts) that I loved, but I sold it and moved on at the time.

I always wanted an Angel, but could never afford one and always loved the Autococker, for no particular reason, I just did.

As I was leaving the game, the Planet Eclipse guys really made head way with their own range rather than adapting other peoples products. So the ego was coming into its own.

Now looking at their range of markers it goes from GSL to Ego down to the Etha.

I want to know what is the best marker at the top and middle and bottom of the pricing scales. It can also mean that actually no one marker is the best, but if I am spending £1000 new which ones are going to be my level.

If you bought your marker new, why that one? (other than team deals)

I know a few brands from way back that I would look at first but actually are there new products for newbies to watch out for?

Thanks
Tom

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
If you want new top end from Planet Eclipse you have LV1 or Geo 3.1.( both are currently more than £1000 full retail though) or a second hand GSL, if you can get one.
Spool or poppet,usual pros & cons.
Currently I have couple of LV1's and a Geo 3, bought 1 LV1 new & other second hand for son.
( grip frame and macro less is only difference between geo 3 & 3.1)
Had a GSL,sold it as I didn't want to risk scratching it!
Ego 11 is a couple of years old now great markers though.(especially when fitted with DART kit, had 3).can be bought for £400 ish hopefully with extra barrel backs.

Then its Etek's and Etha's not owned them but have mates that are quite happy with them.
If it was me with £1000 to spend I'd have a nice second hand LV1 or 3.1 virtue spire / Dye Rotor & carbon wrapped 1.1 4500 bottle and a couple of Shaft 4 backs.

If you ain't in a rush probably a new planet marker out next year,not sure what model Ego or Geo but plenty supposition on PBnation site.
I have no sponsorship but I've done the Planet tec course and am v impressed with planets markers,back up and customer service.

Most top end tourney markers all fire paint with similar accuracy, it's what you find you like the look of, can service yourself, shot count and like the sound/ feel of ergonomics wise.
LV1 currently ticks all those boxes for me.

If you don't want Planet then Luxe,Bob long,empire Vanquish,Dye are worth a look.
Can't comment, seen them fired some but not owned one.( apart from 2 Dye DAM's which I didn't get on with)
Wish I'd not sold my Angel ! Although parts are getting scarcer .
Hope that helps.
Cheers.

shaunyo

Aug 20, 2014
Tamworth
High end Markers I would say Ego, Geo and DM's, mid range I would say Etek 4, Crossover XVR, Empire Axe and Reflex Rail