Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What is the best marker?

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
well the top end £1000+ choices are geo3.5/LV1 from PE, Dye Dm15, Empire Vanquish 2.0, Luxe 2.0. Personal choice would probably be Geo 3.5, did own a Luxe which has a slightly nicer shot but way less efficient than 3.5. Currently own an LV1 though and its a fantastic gun.
Empire vanquish basically works like a luxe so also a great gun, but the DM15 does have really nice ergonomics, probably the best, so every gun has its merits!
Just to note you have bob long who make high end guns but the UK support is next to none so i wouldnt take it just on the off chance something goes wrong.

at the Mid range I'd probably say the new axe pro is going to be the best out there, has all the features you'd really want in a gun and the axe itself shoots quite well, and with the redesigned gripframe and trigger guard i expect it to be quite nice in the hands. However a serious contender is the planet eclipse Etha, its quite literally half the price of an axe, and with the exception of an oled screen, it has an on/off asa, clamping feedneck, accessible eyes and an almost identical firing system to the axe so is a great investment. in fact the etha is that good its what i supply my university society with, and the members love them.
the invert mini GScompetes in this price range but to be honest, for the extra £50 or so you don't get anything more than the etha and personally when playing with it its so short i actually struggle to shoot well with it.

as for entry gun, I'd say the etha dominates this area since i'd say it even competes with the mid range markers, you could look at something like the gog extcy but its a very basic gun for the same money as an etha.

So there's my top to bottom! hope its interesting to consider

La(COS)te

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
If you want new top end from Planet Eclipse you have LV1 or Geo 3.1.( both are currently more than £1000 full retail though) or a second hand GSL, if you can get one.
Spool or poppet,usual pros & cons.
Currently I have couple of LV1's and a Geo 3, bought 1 LV1 new & other second hand for son.
( grip frame and macro less is only difference between geo 3 & 3.1)
Had a GSL,sold it as I didn't want to risk scratching it!
Ego 11 is a couple of years old now great markers though.(especially when fitted with DART kit, had 3).can be bought for £400 ish hopefully with extra barrel backs.

Then its Etek's and Etha's not owned them but have mates that are quite happy with them.
If it was me with £1000 to spend I'd have a nice second hand LV1 or 3.1 virtue spire / Dye Rotor & carbon wrapped 1.1 4500 bottle and a couple of Shaft 4 backs.

If you ain't in a rush probably a new planet marker out next year,not sure what model Ego or Geo but plenty supposition on PBnation site.
I have no sponsorship but I've done the Planet tec course and am v impressed with planets markers,back up and customer service.

Most top end tourney markers all fire paint with similar accuracy, it's what you find you like the look of, can service yourself, shot count and like the sound/ feel of ergonomics wise.
LV1 currently ticks all those boxes for me.

If you don't want Planet then Luxe,Bob long,empire Vanquish,Dye are worth a look.
Can't comment, seen them fired some but not owned one.( apart from 2 Dye DAM's which I didn't get on with)
Wish I'd not sold my Angel ! Although parts are getting scarcer .
Hope that helps.
Cheers.
Why GSL is better that Geo 3.1? Where is difference?

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
The GSL kit comes with all the bits you need,backs ,e portal,triggers,bottle extender.
its what the 3,5 is based on,GSL has better milling,i think the back cap looks prettier.
If you want value for money go with a second hand LV1 £550 ish.