Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What is the best

Phantom_Ninja

Feb 28, 2006
In A Hole
www.google.co.uk
Hi guys, i'm really new at this and i want to get some feedback and opinions as to what is the done thing.

i eventually want to get into tournament play, but at the moment are wanting to start with woods ball.

What is the best clothing to buy and wear?
What is the best shooter and prepulsion system to use buy?
Where is the best place to buy these things from?
Where do i get the best paint from?
Where is the best plac to go?

All replies will be greatly appreciated

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
1) Clothing - for rec ball i wear camo, hard wearing, keeps you warm (ish) and helps to hide you. For touney stuff then gear like this:

http://www.axionimages.co.uk/paintball/pick location.html

2) The best shoot is up to you, alot of people will say ion as its cheap, fast and will hold you in good stead for tourneys and recball. Depends on your local site as some places will only let you play punter dasy with a mech but at walk-ons an electro lick an ion would be fine.

3) There are tons of good shops such as:

Slothball
Planet eclipse
etc,

4) Which is the best paint is a hard question but Proto has worked very well for me and alot of other people on this forum.

5)Where do you live mate? if its in england then there are many good sites and alot to teams that you could train with or go the there walkons.

hope this helps.

Kill Crazy

Aug 2, 2005
Wirral
Visit site
Welcome to the forum dude . rite so

1) if ur wanna play woodsball for a bit just get some dpm cammo from a army surpless store its cheap and wont break the bank think about £20 £30

2)for woods A5 i reckon with flat line barrel and response trigger and use air not Co2 cus CO2 will damage ur gun eventualy and just isnt as efficient as air.

3)for buying stuff the is a variety of places to go like just paintball , holmbush and our site www.unrealpaintball.co.uk the owner chris should be able to sort something cheap for u. and as i said earlier u can get cammo from a army surpless store.

4) you can buy paint at sites if you go to a walkon they will be cheaper or most online shops do paint but after paying p&p itaint worth it unless you go pick it up. But once again unreal do some great paint for there walkons (tourny grade).

5) best place to go is a hard one cus u aint put down where u are if ur in the middlelands or north west area then www.unrealpaintball.com has a walkon on the last sunday of each month and always have good reviews on www.walkonzone.com and on here. But there is good sites down south aswell but not to sure bout them.

other ppl will also give u great advise on here so hope this helps u m8y

Phantom_Ninja

Feb 28, 2006
In A Hole
www.google.co.uk
Thanks alot guys on the help. The money part isn't really an issue, but i don't really want to go spending money allthe time upgrading my gun and getting a new one when they come out (if you know what i mean?) so i'd like to get the good stuff at a good price to start me off.

like i say cheers so far guys

Kill Crazy

Aug 2, 2005
Wirral
Visit site
well in that case prob get an ion or something like an ego or angel so u dont have to keep upgrading but wat ever gun u get u will always want the new one at the end of the season.

once again tho dude where u live ?

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
The first question to ask yourself: "what kind of paintball am I going to play?"

If you are playing tournaments, you will want a very different kind of marker than what you will want for playing in the woods, knocking around for fun from time to time.

storm1975

Jul 21, 2005
Manchester
Originally posted by Phantom_Ninja
i eventually want to get into tournament play, but at the moment are wanting to start with woods ball.

What is the best clothing to buy and wear?
What is the best shooter and prepulsion system to use buy?
Where is the best place to buy these things from?
Where do i get the best paint from?
Where is the best plac to go?

I agree with all the other posts........Camo for the woods from your local army surplus store but for your own sake don't turn up at a Sup' Air site in camo......... www.planeteclipse.com will give you a great idea of the right clothing to wear amongst other goodies.
If you want to play tournaments you'd be better to invest in an Air system instead of the cheaper CO2 option. Air is far more consistant. Planeteclipse is also a great place to get paint but that will depend on your location. I personally prefer to use RPS Premium in the summer and Proto when it;s chilly. There is no right or wrong with paint........ask the question to a 100 people with different markers and you'll get a different response from each.

When it comes to you marker, decide on a figure. Plenty of great 2nd hand kit around on here. A few to look at, and I've owed a couple, are Smartparts Ion, Eclipse Autocockers and Ego's.

Hope this helps a little.