Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What is there to be learned from playing Call of Duty and other 1st person shooters?

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
i think using paintball techniques such as shoot and move and snapping help alot on duty, and theyre part of the reason i average 30 kills a game. try it
Man speaks truth. Snap shooting online works a charm, especially with snipes or on HxC modes.
;)

Otherwise, not really anything. I think things like field awareness, moving tactically and having a good eye are the only things that can be applied to both. Even then, you can develop these skills on each without the need to learn from another

Chazum

SMOKE SOME
Aug 26, 2010
Wymondham, Norwich.
Funny you say that - Im 13 and I used to play Call of Duty - and last time I went balling loads of kids decide what ranks, positions and there names where! they treated a tippman 98 like a UMP45 of MW2 Also haha.

PointyElf

Feb 6, 2009
Letchworth
As lame as it is, i spend pretty much the time i don't spend at school or paintball..

On a paintball Mod on COD4.

Weirdly enough, it has helped me..it's mainly helped my field awareness (which in sup-air is pretty important.)
But also how to completely rinse points where it's you left on 2 or 3.

When you play the same map over and over again, it kinda gets to the point where you can run straight through a certain place without them seeing you/getting shot.
Sounds familiar..putting a certain bunker in your way and running up to it.

It just becomes second nature, you develop habits in games, on larger maps you always got to the same spot, shoot out the same idiots..even when you tell yourself you're going to do something else you still end up going to the spot you know you can kill people in.

Just like in paintball, but developing those habits takes longer. Learning how high and where to aim to hit that guy off the break 99% of the time takes time.

Jul 23, 2011
maybe if you where a team player and you where used to working together it could help but anything else would unlikely help one thing i hate is that every time i go to play a martial allways talks to all the newbies about black ops saying for example im sure many of you have been playing capture the flag its similar here get the flag and bring it back to your area blah blah blah

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
maybe if you where a team player and you where used to working together it could help but anything else would unlikely help one thing i hate is that every time i go to play a martial allways talks to all the newbies about black ops saying for example im sure many of you have been playing capture the flag its similar here get the flag and bring it back to your area blah blah blah
Actualy an ideal comparison to explain the majority of game objectives

gommie404

gommie404
Sep 29, 2008
london
HEY dude,, theres not a lot to learned about the real world form playing COD..

but..and you know i like to throw a spanner in the works,, he he ha ha

theres a lot to be learned from paintball when playing on line,,,

theres a lot of code we use in paintball,,that works for on line play,,

Up the tapes,, means up the side of the map,,

bunkering,,, tagging,, shooting ropes,,,hiding round the dog leg,,

if you play with a crew or clan that all play paintball,,, its like a second nature to you ,,

it gos like this,, you guys go up the left side tapes,, when you hit the dog leg just put out ropes on that bunker,,why we shimmy up for the tag,,

this translates as,, you chaps,go up the left hand side of the map till you hit the first corner,

then taking cover shoot at the bunker to keep there heads down ,,
why we come in the back door,, and knife them all,,,, he he ha ha,,

sounds strange right,, but if you play paintball it makes perfect sense,,

Heres some more paintball nick names...

fat chick = tank
party crasher= spawn basher
fast mover= jet fighter
little nelli = UAV
fire starter= machine gunner
and so many more,, its funny ,,when we are in a group of non ballers,, and there like,,what the hell are you lot going on about,,

but even more cool..when we find other ballers who understand what we mean,,,

its a small world,,

Barfoot

Barffsky
Oct 11, 2009
Harpenden, South East
www.facebook.com
When i used to work on a local site few years back i remember this young person maybe 12-13 asked me that because he completed Halo 3 on expect or what ever the most difficult level there is he was going to shoot everyone i part of me died inside whe i heard that. i honestly dont think there could be anything to learn from playing a game console, (am not being a hater of gamers) if you there was some form simulator then that may help you slightly or barely, personally just go out there a play, its kinda like saying if some played fifa 24/7 it would benefit their football ability or any other game.. just go out there and play as much as you can.