Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what loader should i get

Oct 4, 2014
I have been looking into paintball for some time now and with no previous experience I'm not sure on what loader I should go for as there are so many on the market. Any advice would be great thanks!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Unles you opt for a cyclone or rip clip in which case the hopper choice would be what size / shape, then I will allways recommend a force feed

Good ones are always around for not a lot such as the halo too
More premium ones such as the rotor are popular but go for about £80 second hand

Unless you want the premium features such as uncliping a hoppers body apart quickly then any of the force feed hoppers around can cater for the rates of fire in use today

Oct 4, 2014
I will be playing tournament and don't really have such a stricked budget, but will be buying a second hand one. And have seen a lot of people using the dye rotor, so it's probably a good place to start.

Reactions: Polar-Bear_Polo
Sep 15, 2014
Main ones i would recommend would be Spire loaders and Dye Rotor loaders, both are good, both have pros and cons.
Dye Rotor is popular and is good, no questions asked, it is durable, but what I dont like about it is that it takes few minutes to take it apart unless it brakes down, then you need to take it off and play with out it for few minutes until end of game. It is durable, i have seen few people put on hard hits on dye rotors they are quite durable.
Spire is probably better for less trained people, for those who get more paintballs outside the loader, i mean it has bigger hole where you put your paintballs through. Also you can take it apart in few seconds, it is also durable, yet if you put bigger hit on it the see through plastic back will slide of and you will need to put it back on again, but that is only few second job.
After that we probably come to Halo Too loaders who get smashed quite easily but still work, but need a lot of cleaning after every single time, you will probably need to take all loader apart to clean it.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
If you can afford them, either Spire or Rotor. Both are great loaders,robust,easy maintenance, good battery life. If there is a chance that you will be training with re-balls, then i would suggest the Spire as the better choice.

Tight budget ?, then the Halo Too is still a good option.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
no budget limits I'd go for Z2 or Spire. only reason, both work with reballs and have good capacity. I prefer Z2 because the spire has had issues with the connector on the power button becoming damaged through use, and because the spire will pulse even with a fair bit of paint still in the loader. Z2 is harder to get the hang of to take apart but once you've got it it's as easy as any other loader.

if you want something a bit cheaper the scion has the same z2 technology but lower cost without the fancy shells. and for the cheapest buy out there the evlution or halo too are the winners.

Reactions: EELZ

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
A seocndhand rotor is only £80 or so, compared to the Spire which is more like £110. Personally, a rotor does everything I want, so will be sticking with mine for the foreseeable.

kway44

Controlled Aggression!
Jan 26, 2008
South London
If your new to paintball you want to keep the amount of money you spend down so I would recommend a Halo/Empire B loader they do the job and are pretty cheap now.

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
I can only comment on what I own and play with, but I do love my rotor, any jams (caused every time by me crammimg too many balls in) cleared easily in a second or two. Batteries last for ages, and there are only 3 AAs in there. Easy to refill during a game without spilling either with speed feed (an extra bit to buy) or with the flip up lid. Quite a low profile target to hit, and you can split the body in seconds with no tools, to clean the inside if needed. Bought second hand on here a couple of years ago and never let me down.

I also have a halo2 which I use on a second marker, cheaper to buy, but not as good as the rotor in all the above mentioned departments except its just as easy to refill during a game.

And finally I also have a couple of Egg hoppers for some low end markers. Again bought second/third hand off here, but less capable than the Halo or Rotor.

Budget wise, Rotor cost about £70, the Halo £25 (its a dodgy colour) and the Egg hoppers for £10 each.

In the games I play all of the hoppers would feed balls faster than, the balls/second limits set. I have never used a reball so cant comment on that aspect.