Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What makes a good marker?

Jonesy94

May 31, 2011
Twickenham
Just starting to play obviously and have most of the gear but missing that vitally important thing...a marker :)

I was just wondering if you guys could tell me what separates a good marker from a rubbish one, and if you could advise me on some different ones to consider.

Thanks a lot

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
most guns from all the reputable companies nowadays are made to a standard that means they can all offer more or less the same features.

absolute standard features you should look for are: clamping feedneck, on/off asa, electro-pneumatic design (including eyes), easily user serviceable, adjustability (trigger, board).
if they don't have those features they generally are not worth buying unless you are buying a special item like a pump gun or something (which you probably are not at this stage).

like i said most companies are making good standards of markers and you can start looking for specific features that appeal to you.

personally the companies which produce my favourite guns are planet eclipse, vanguard, empire and dye/proto. do your research on the guns produced by them and depending on your preference to style and features as well as your budget i'm sure you will fall in love with something! :)

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
Anything made by Planet Eclipse will see you right. Reliability and build quality is very good and are made in the uk so back up is impeccable. Plus they shoot pretty good as a bonus :)

Pink

May 6, 2011
Like you said you are new to the sport, but after researching and speaking to a close friend who plays I have found the best starting markers are such thing as your egos preferably the older markers due to cost. Then try a PMR because it runs on both co2 and air so you can take it to rec ball sites that run on co2 such as delta force and practice at those type of places. Also have a look at ions all tourney players used to have one they are really cheap and easy to maintain and once again runs on both air and co2
Hope that helps
Pink