Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What marker, fields ...

ChrisWhiteSTEL

Mile High Club
Oct 21, 2002
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
Hmmm... seems my suggestion is the same for many of us. I know that the Inferno's can take alot of crap and their anno doesn't flake or scratch off so easily as the tippman markers do.

Unfortunatly Tippman markers look like they have been painted with a brush with some wall emulsion and the effects show after a few games worth of damage. :)

INFERNO'S ARE THE KINGS OF THE RECCY RENTALS :D;)

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
not at all :D you can't run an inferno over with a steam roller and still shoot with it :D

If your filling CO2 make sure you are liscensed to..... go to BOC or some other gas company and they will sort you. Safe areas make sure your netting is approriate heights etc etc.

Game length should be about 15 to 20 mins, groups can be as big or as small as you like but if your site gets bigger you may have to put a minimum number on how many you take before you'll oragnise a game. Train your marshalls or at least make sure they are doing there **** right.

Size of fields should be about a footy pitch at least and just make sure there is a lot of variety on the fields so that each is different to the other.

Prices comes down to whats good for you. you need to run a profit and so label your prices accordingly.

cheers

Wow, thanks a lot you guys, these tips are just what I was looking for. What can I say apart from more of the same, please!

Mak daddy, you were right on the money with cornwall, that is indeed where Penzance can be found, We're on the map at last! ;)

As for your prizre, i regret to tell you that the competion has already been won, yesterday, by a 5 year old eskimo girl, who has been awarded the whole prize of my undying love and affection. However, if you still want a piece of the prize, there will always be a special place in my heart for one Mak Daddy :D

cheers y'all

NHS

whitecross

ooooohh! stars
Apr 21, 2003
basel switzerland
Visit site
have to say, make sure that you get thermal or antifog gogs, some one said it b4 and im right with them, there safer and people get so pissed when their gogs fog up. or as a side line for extra monies, sell thermal masks or even just the lenses that fit into your gogs. infact add a surcharge for thermals, as after one game everybody will want them.

May 14, 2003
lincoln
Ive actually BEEN to penzance! Nice place.

And as for what white cross said - definately get thermal lense - it might be a bit more money at the start but when people get fogged up goggles and they cant see , they can lift up their masks and try and wipe it off . This happens and theyn get nailed in the eye...not good for paintball and not good for your site! Or atleast get a spray and hand it around , but thermal lenses would be the way to go!

And always, always make sure nobody lifts their masks...use the old take ur eye out / both eyes / brain dying talk. !!

Hope it goes well setting it up,

Eddie

Tiny man

Weebl and Bob!
May 16, 2003
Shropshire, England
Originally posted by eddiecsd

And always, always make sure nobody lifts their masks

Eddie
Yep my local site the brilliant Warped Sports ( www.warpedsports.com ) use zero tolerance u lift your mask in the game you get taken out and de-kitted this way they've had no major injurys
Never ever take your mask off during a game!!!!

Cro

Permanently semi
Jan 2, 2003
Naaaarich
www.walkonzone.com
If your gonna go with Inferno's (which I think is the best idea tbh) try and get the right hand feed models, I have both rhf and vert feed models and the necks on the vert feed ones always stick (like glue) to the hoppers and not the marker. This is a pain in the ar5e for 2 reasons, firstly when your checking markers in b4 going back to the safe zone you generally have to try and remove a number of necks from hoppers and secondly if one goes down in a game and you need to change it for the player (speed is obviously of the essence) if the neck comes off with the hopper you can gaurantee the spare marker you have in your hand will have a neck that will not come off so you are fecking about trying to get one of them off so as to let the player carry on.

Did that make sense :confused: hope so :rolleyes:

Cro