Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what marker next ?

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Children, by all means have an opinion but don't expect anyone with an IQ above 3 to weigh too much of it into the balance if it is based on little more than you managing to shoot a player with an Angel last Sunday :rolleyes:

Jesus, by that rationale I can do XSV singal handed becuase I shot plenty of people with Ego's at the weekend :rolleyes:

Ego is a good design and great backup (Planet are great people) but inherent with that design (very similar to Timmy) is the necessity to keep different parts lubed etc. The ball detents are also a flawed design and need replacing from time to time. If you are happy to do the maintenance needed and have a lighter marker get an Ego.

Angel is a great design and excellently built marker, slightly heavier in its current form than an Ego but needs no week to week maintenance. Get it out the bag every time you want to play, air it up and it will work.

Both will shoot faster than you ever will. Nearly all the people who rubbish Angel's have simply never had one and regurgitate the same horse plop their mate has told them (they will be the same people telling you that cockers are more accurate and shoot further or with a flatter trajectory :rolleyes: )

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
fair point by ben, however ive owned an angel and have also been training with a team who use angels for a season, and have shot their respective markers thats where i make my comments from

at the end of the day when your buying top end gun, you pay your money and take your pick...and hopefully spend some time getting some hands on experience firstly as i have done

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Originally posted by Andy Steele
rubbish. but at then end of the day its down to player preference i prefer the ego u clearley prefer the angel.
The difference here is, i prefer the angel for sound reasons. Not because i shot the **** out of someone who was running on a bunker.
We've all shot some poor sod running on someone else, but i've never bothered to check what he or she was shooting, that's just pathetic.
Oh by the way, is your dad bigger than mine, because he's taller than you.

:)

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
i wasnt laying into you there i was just making a point, its going down to maintenance this which is in my opinion not a major factor, you should clean your marker after every game so i cant see how ppl are making the argument about how u can leave an angel and it will still be the same next time you take it out of the bag.

get a dye mate they rip lol especially a proto matrix 05

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Originally posted by Lovetone
agree on the bouncy :D
then again egos are bouncey too thats my main gripe with mine, takes ages to set the trigger and filters
FILTERS, why do you need filters.....?

"Straight out of the box"

No filters to worry about, these things are allready sorted in the software.

Does that make me one up again, hehe...:cool:

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
no im not saying you need to tweak all day. of course you can shoot it out of the box. however, the standard planet trigger pull might not be for everyone, hence adjusting the trigger, and in doing so you might have to adjust the debounce software (if you make your pull like half a millimeter with really little magnet for example)

stop trying to beat me on points!! :D;)

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Originally posted by Andy Steele
i wasnt laying into you there i was just making a point, its going down to maintenance this which is in my opinion not a major factor, you should clean your marker after every game so i cant see how ppl are making the argument about how u can leave an angel and it will still be the same next time you take it out of the bag.

get a dye mate they rip lol especially a proto matrix 05
I know that Andy, and i'm listening to your points. What i'm saying is, Angels are made so well, you don't have to maintain them anywhere near as much as other markers. I'm not talking about cleaning the days grime/paint off the marker, i'm talking about essential maintenance.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Originally posted by Lovetone

stop trying to beat me on points!! :D;)

Isn't that what we do in paintball.

They're both very good markers, and i wish the angel was a two tube shape, as i've said so many times before.
I have a two tube angel, but this is development work....!!!!!