Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What Marker To Buy

COYOTE3868

Feb 1, 2002
GERMANY
Visit site
I AM NEW TO THE PAINTBALL COMMUNITY. BUT BY FAR NOT NEW TO WAR GAMES. WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS WHAT TYPE OF MARKER TO BUY. I WANT ONE THAT I CAN LEARN THE MECHANICS OF BUT CAN ALSO USE TO PRATICE TO BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN TOURNYS. CAN ANYONE HELP. I WILL BE USING NITROGEN INSTEAD OF CO2. AND WHAT TYPE OF BARREL DOES ANYONE SUGGEST. I WILL BE PLAYING THE POSITION AS A CRAWLER OR LOW FRONT BUT COULD ALSO PLAY AS A REAR GUARD. ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Well before all the usual postings happen saying buy a Spyder...
As you have already said you will be using nitrogen most all nitrogen systems will cost more than a spyder...so it seems (to me) obvious that you are looking for a little more performance from your marker. A used Autococker or Automag would be your best bet the Automag will be more in keeping with your countrys laws regarding the colour (for any non europeans reading this, Germany amongst some other european countries only allow markers to not be BLACK in colour, something to do with Black markers could be mistaken for GUNS???) An Automag will be easy to maintain plus it shouldn't be too expensive (should you want to upgrade etc) An Autococker is not something to take apart and look at but up to you. As for barrels as you can't play in the woods (another German thing) you will only be on open fields with Sup-Air or barricades nothing over 14"(35cm)(not going to start the laws of physics arguement again) a Freak system would be a cheap alternative to a whole set of barrels and if you were to change your marker at a later time you would only have to buy a new back piece for your new marker. If you like the look of another barrel , say a DYE well it depends on your budget. I personally don't like the look of the Freak but thats me. Another alternative marker would be an Impulse (any type although the vision version is the better one) it does tend to have quite a high (in size) profile. You didn't mention a hopper but as a minimum a 12volt Revolution. All of the above depends on your budget. Hope this has helped. Failing this borrow some markers to see what you like.....remember there is no right or wrong answer to your question just YOUR preferences.