Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What marker to get

sabatman

HEY U GUYS!!
Dec 11, 2006
Swindon,wilts
Hello everyone. Im new to paintball and was thinking about getting a marker. I dont really want to spend too much. I was looking at the jt tac5 and the tippmann a5. Has anyone got either of these? Please let me know..

Bedlam

Gone crazy, back soon...
Mikey is right.....what you buy will depend what you aim to do.

Much to the fact that I can't stand them.....for a newbie who's interested in tourney play at some point, you may want to invest in an ion....god, did I really type.......*scrubs hands with bleach*:eek:

If you have a little more cash, you might want to look at the Proto Rail....I think they are about £250 new....but don't quote me on that

If you would prefer to do woodsball or scenario stuff.....go for the A5....

Hope this helps

Cheers

:cool:

I probably wouldnt go near Tipmans... not really customisable, and alot for looks rather than performance...

For all round playing the Ion is probably your best bet, I am buying one after xmas.

Good thing about the Ion is, as you progress in the game, the Ion is virtually upgradable to ANY point! Some of the best markers on the field are Upped Ions!

Thats why I like them. There are also some MINT body kits available so they dont have to look like an ion :D

Good luck.

sabatman

HEY U GUYS!!
Dec 11, 2006
Swindon,wilts
Cheers guys well i would really be playing woods because thats is all what the sites near me are. Thanks for your help. Anyone near swindon wanna join up please email

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
I probably wouldnt go near Tipmans... not really customisable, and alot for looks rather than performance...

For all round playing the Ion is probably your best bet, I am buying one after xmas.

Good thing about the Ion is, as you progress in the game, the Ion is virtually upgradable to ANY point! Some of the best markers on the field are Upped Ions!

Thats why I like them. There are also some MINT body kits available so they dont have to look like an ion :D

Good luck.
Ok mate, I would have to disagree with some of your points there, Tipmans are better suited to rec'ball and you can upgrade them to a great playing quality. Ions are better starter markers for sup’air, they can be upgraded very heavily but how far before its time to get a better marker? You will hear a lot of people complaining about the quality of the Ion as you will soon find out when you get yours :D

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Ok mate, I would have to disagree with some of your points there, Tipmans are better suited to rec'ball and you can upgrade them to a great playing quality. Ions are better starter markers for sup’air, they can be upgraded very heavily but how far before its time to get a better marker? You will hear a lot of people complaining about the quality of the Ion as you will soon find out when you get yours :D

There is no need for a better marker, ions can keep up with anything out there.

aint the gun, its the player shooting it

Ok fair enough...

Just that all I hear is people putting Tipmans down... but I spose its all down to personal preference :D

And I would agree with your point on Ions, hardly anyone sticks with them. Most people will deffinatly upgrade to a mid or high end marker (DM7/6, EGO's etc etc...)

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Ok fair enough...

Just that all I hear is people putting Tipmans down... but I spose its all down to personal preference :D

And I would agree with your point on Ions, hardly anyone sticks with them. Most people will deffinatly upgrade to a mid or high end marker (DM7/6, EGO's etc etc...)

Are you agreeing with a point of mine? if you are i think you missed the point