Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What marker to get

tim_c

Oct 12, 2006
I have an Ion, which I use for woodsball, and which is fine :) It's not broken on me once, and I bought it second hand! I've fired a good few boxes of paint thorough it, and not had one chop, double feed or anything. A few balls pop in the barrel, but I think I fixed that by replacing a worn detent. I fired 3000 balls at the weekend, for 1 barrel breakage! :) That's a 99.966% chance of a ball leavign the end of the barrel and flying towards your target.

I can't see why I'd need to get a better marker, for woodsball or tourney. 10-15bps is quite frankly sh*tloads. More bps just means you have to reload more often!

The only posible weakness I can see is that in super heavy rain it might get water on the board, and stop... Also true if you drop it in a puddle. So, be careful, or get a cheap mechanical marker as a backup.

sabatman

HEY U GUYS!!
Dec 11, 2006
Swindon,wilts
How do the barrels compare with eachother. I read that you can get a barrel for the tippmann what gives the ball backspin. What is the best barrel to go for on the ion. Like i said before i aint got a clue im just getting into it but i want to start with a decent setup.

killcrazy

now sporting the ego
Dec 4, 2006
bedlington (near newcastle)
How do the barrels compare with eachother. I read that you can get a barrel for the tippmann what gives the ball backspin. What is the best barrel to go for on the ion. Like i said before i aint got a clue im just getting into it but i want to start with a decent setup.

that would be the flatline, my A5 performed quite well before i got the flatline with the stock barrel.
But it wouldnt match an ion (i hate to admit it :p)

but with the flatline on its a greatly improved piece of kit. seriously. its the same length as the stock barrel too so it doesnt add anything to the overall legth of the gat.

gives you a hhhuuuggge range and improved accuracy (although the stock barrel was accurate to begin with) it improves the range a hell of alot.

Iv seen the older versions and the newer versions inaction and they both perform just as well as each other.
I would suggest getting the older model though, as the newer one "looks cooler" its got loads of holes down the length of the barel and the weaver sight mounts on it which makes it a nightmare to clean. the old model though is simple.

+when you have a flatline on it it can easily match the ion for performance in woodsball. it just depends what you want from it, and mainly id say the difference between these markers (for woodsball) is the design (ergonomically speaking)

Benjamin77

Sep 7, 2006
You can get an apex for the ion or tippman this will add justs as much range as the flatline if not more.
its also adjustable were the flatline is not

I have also heard they are more friendly with paint enabling you to shoot more brttile stuff than the flat line allows I have only heard this second hand never shoot more than 20 balls threw a flaty myself.

What I have noticed is all the people I know with flatlines tend to shoot Spec Ops painbtalls which are ****ing useless imho as they only break on head/mask hit any where else on the body and they just hurt and bounce off.

Jontain

Nov 15, 2006
Cambs
Ive started with a tippmann, and i have to say they are good markers to start with, very simple mechanics etc, has got me into the swing of things. Looking to purchase a more sup'air style marker for the new year while keeping hold of my tippmann. This means ive got a woodsball and a supair gun which should kit me out for quite a while.

Rekon il be going for the ion for my next gun, seems the best way to go without spending a s**tload of money.

Flatline works well also, just not too sure wether its better than just using a longer barrel though. Looking to get another barrel for my 98 just so i have both to compaire.

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
There are many types out there but ones made by Smart Parts I would proberly say the Progressive barrel

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Nah Mikey, I think John C said it best when he said:
So you sayiong that, depending on what gun you use makes you a better player or not?

Im talking about tourney guns here ions to dms to egos

If you are, if you were playiong with and ego7 or whatever is agg at the momen and ollie lang had an ion, you reckon you could take him....

I rest my case