Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What marker?

Aug 5, 2001
Visit site
What marker should I get? I have been playing 2 years and have around $200 to spend. I have a Spyder Compact 2 'n 1 now. What should I get, where should I get it?

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
What do you plan on doing with your gun? Do you play tourny or rec? speedball (supair, hyper, whatever) or woods? And what are your playing plans in the future?.

Next $200 isan't a lot to work with it is probably in your best interest to save up a little longer, after two years of play your probably ready to move to at least a mid level gun (Imp, stock cocker [my recomendation], timmy, ect.)

Aug 5, 2001
Visit site
I could sell my spyder for around 120, that gives me 320 for rec play. I'm gonna try to get to a tourny this summer. My parents might pay for some, so lets estimate 400.

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
Well my suggestion is go for a cocker. You can buy a new stock one for around 350, or you might be able to find a used custom one in around the same price range.

The one of the best things about a cocker is that they are very easy to upgrade. I used a near stock mini-cocker for about 10 years and had no trouble keeping up with the big boy's.

Mar 7, 2002
California
Visit site
does the $400 include a air tank r anything or is it just the gun because if u r selling ur hpa/co2 tank in the package then u will end up not having to much money for your gun especially if u want hpa

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Actually, no, $400 won't get you a decent Cocker plus nitrogen and a good barrel. $400 will get you a Cocker by itself, which isn't all of what you need. If you want to just proceed within that range and be done with it without further spending, an Impulse or used Shocker will satisfy that specific demand. Perhaps $500 can get you a Cocker, barrel, and nitrogen, or perhaps with a fair bit of looking around such can be done with $450, such as prowling around scenario games or big tournaments for someone selling a backup gun they don't use or switching equipment, both of which happen a fair bit. Keep your eyes open and don't hesitate to take a good deal when you see it, BUT TRY ANY GUN BEFORE YOU BUY IT...THE VERY GUN ITSELF!!!

Aug 5, 2001
Visit site
Thanks a lot, I am going to get a autococker most likely. If my parents let me, if no, then i'll get a tippman which they will let me and get nitrogen and a good barrel. Is teh 98 tippman good or bad, my friend got one and he says its awesome. Im playing rec

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
I'll put it this way the 98 is not a bad gun, and you can beat the ever livin piss out of it at it will keep shooting (most likely the reason that they are a very common field gun) but there is only so much that you can do to it. If this is going to be your first gun and you only plan on keeping it for a year then by all means this is a good choice, but if you want this gun to be your main gun for several years you will run out of options.

Onion is right thow. If you only have $400 and you want to get AIR and a new barrel you will be hard pressed if you go the cocker rought. If you like cockers (try one if you haven't) I would hold off on getting a gun if money is the big factor. The reason I recomend cockers is that there potental for upgrade is unmatched. No other gun on the marked can be "toyed with" as much as the cocker. You can by the base gun now and then add a swing trigger or and E-grip later, or a new bolt, or hammer set, or valve, or pnematics, or ect, ect,ect.

By the way if your parents are helping you buy the gun you can always tell them that the 98 looks more like a real gun then the cocker does, that might help to sway them to the cocker cause!