Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What marker ???

paintball4lyf

Jun 25, 2008
Hi my name is Tom i am starting paintballing for the first time this weekend i was directed to this site by a freind i was after some advice what marker to get? thanks Tom G

woofie306

Apocalypse Paintball
Feb 10, 2008
Cambridge
it depeds on what you are going to play and what budget you have when you awnser these you can start looking in the for sale you will find a much better deal on hear

paintball4lyf

Jun 25, 2008
i have looked at the slg id it looks abit like it will break is it a strong gun im looking into playing some walkons in the woods and things.

Yousef99

Jan 13, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Marker

Well if you want a decent all round marker, that you can use for both speedball/woodsball then i'd say the PMR.
They're good all round markers and very good value for money.
They need next to no upgrades and so you don't have to spend anymore than you need to.
It's all up to personal preference though really.
You can pick up great used gear here in the classifieds btw... ;)
Welcome too

Hobo_Joe

Enjoying the view...
Oct 30, 2004
London
Other than that, something like a Tipmann for the woods rocks.

Whats your budget for a marker?

skeg21

Feb 11, 2008
Northeast
i would go for the pmr or if budget allows a new pm7 which go for £250 and is a good marker for woods and starter sup air. failing that maybe a used ego 06 for about the same money

benjy85pb

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2008
West Sussex
For a starter marker I'd recommend looking at either a Smart Parts Vibe or the Proto SLG, they're both good markers with plenty of capability and the won't burn too big a hole in your pocket.

And although they look weak they're not easy to break as you mentioned. I've used a Proto PMR and a Smart Parts Ion as well as an Angel A1 in the woods and have never broken a part on them. Most markers on the marker have pretty sturdy construction.