Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What marker???

Mojo

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
I know this has got to be the most asked question but its nice to get unbiased input off people who know what their on about!, i have been looking at the piranha ts pro g3 marker , the reviews seem pretty sweet ,an can you get the piranha markers in the uk??
cheers

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
I have been very happy with my pro ts g3. This doesn't mean it's the best marker for you or for anyone. If you can get the chance, try to get your hands on as many different markers as you can and decide based on that (well, and the price) which one suits you best. However, since that's not always possible, I can give them a recommendation as a starter marker. The technical support from the Piranha owner's board and John Dresser form PMI is second to none as well.

Having said all that, these are not really tournament-level markers. As in all things, you get what you pay for. For the money, these are great markers, but if you spend, say, twice as much, you can get an autococker or an impulse, which nobody can really argue are much better. I reckon my Piranha will keep me happy for another year or so before I will want to move on to bigger and better things. In the mean time, it does me nicely, is easy to maintain and run, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I have only found one place the in the UK that sells them: http://www.paintballdirect.co.uk but I got mine from the US at http://www.rjskateworks.com (it works out cheaper, but beware of making direct comparisons, after you've paid $40 for shipping and about 40 quid import duty, you're not saving as much as you thought!)

One note worth making, the E-force is available, at least in the US, for the same price as the Pro TS. It is broadly the same marker (no pressure gauge, only all-black finish, cheaper barrel) but with a semi-only electronic trigger frame. I have just upgraded my trigger frame to one of these, and it rocks! None of the fancy burst-fire or full auto modes, but they're illegal in the UK anyway, and no game timer or rate of fire counter, but they're just for posers anyway ;) The trigger pull is adjustable down about 1mm, and feels really great for such a cheap marker. The only downer on the E-force is the rather weak barrel, but £30 will buy you an admirable replacement, and since everyone seems to replace the barrel immediately, even on a £800 gun, it doesn't seem that important.

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
as always it pays to read other threads before posting a question that had already been asked.

have a look here http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=938

(which is the "spider shutter" thread in this forum.)

where there is an identical discussion.
however i would say you are looking at the right kinda thing. the only think i would say is have a look in clasifieds, you never know what might be for sale, and you could end up with a gem.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Sorry :cool:

I was bored and had to wait up for an email to arrive, and I couldn't be arsed to do anything more useful :)

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
why? cos when theyve finished laughing they might pitty you for being deranged enough for actually saying that publically, and give you a discount?

can you imagine it ...

"hello welcome to Just Paintball, how can i help you?"
"Hi im looking for a starter marker, ive been reccomended to look at a spyder.... oh yeah, and a carrot sent me ..."
"um ok sir, heres the way out..."

it just doesnt seem to be that great an idea when you think about it.
hehe