Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what not to wear?

nick "the shadow cat"

Illegitimi non carborundum
Jun 23, 2014
Hi guys I've now played a few games at my local field but im now wondering what i should wear. I want to wear my own gear because those overalls do nothing for my figure. But do i go down the road of camoflage or do i buy speed ball gear. I really have a minimal budget but i don't want to look out of place ( or like a crazy person) any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
With minimal budget you won't be buying speedball gear

Depends on how you intend to play

Comfy baggy clothing does the job of reducing impact and thus bruising
If you intend to dive, slide, crawl then you would want the protection

Don't buy clothes to fit in

nick "the shadow cat"

Jun 23, 2014
I have got some camo stuff from a friend that left the army a few years ago. Although it will need a bit of altering....... Alright a lot. I've seen some jerseys on ebay but i don't think they have any padding for roughly 20 quid. but i was mostly conserned if i turned up in camo weather I'd look like a chubby nutter. The guys there seemed friendly bunch but i didn't get chance to ask them.

Tonyx67

Feb 11, 2015
Falkirk
You can pick up a lot of second hand speedball stuff on the forums here man for a really good price, you don't need mega padding either haha! Don't think many people playing paintball care about the "chubby nutter" look haha!

nick "the shadow cat"

Jun 23, 2014
I hope not because thats what I'm going for. I'm glad of the input. I'll be playing rec ball mostly but I'm not adverse to speed ball. Trouble is people mistake me for a bunker! Lol. The reason i asked all this is because some of the guys there were playing in the woods with speed ball outfits and gear And wondered if there are any hard and fast rules. Or are most paintballers just happy to see new people playing regardless of what clothes they wear.

Tonyx67

Feb 11, 2015
Falkirk
Any clothes will do Man! Haha! There are plenty "heavier" guys that play paintball mate! Most people play with what's comfy for them. Where I play (woodsball) it's a mix of camo and speedball gear. What you mean by the rules? Clothes aren't a thing people look out for really, could be the best paintballer in the world and play in pink boxers if you wanted :)

nick "the shadow cat"

Jun 23, 2014
Thanks for that, i feel a bit better about my gear. (I know, Talking about doing it on a budget with one of the more pricey sports out there) but in all truth its nice to get other peoples opinions out there. As for the first time ever I'm breaking in to a hobby that no one else i know has done...... ground breaking lol

nick "the shadow cat"

Jun 23, 2014
by rules i ment is camo not allowed on a speed ball field. The place i play has mixed fields. I wouldn't wear it in a competition. I'm not that silly ☺