Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what not to wear?

Tonyx67

Feb 11, 2015
Falkirk
Anytime mate! Everyone that plays knows it's a pricey sport! So If they are a decent enough person (most are) they won't judge you, play with what you can afford! Don't go buying 70 quid playing pants if it means you miss a month of play. I was the same when I first started! Started with camos then put a little bit of cash aside each month and slowly bought decent playing gear :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
by rules i ment is camo not allowed on a speed ball field.
No problem with camo with regard to clothing rules
The only rules regarding a style will be colour rules such as yellow not being allowed (or previously orange) depending on the paint full coulours used by a league
It's nice to know other people were in the same boat at one stage. Cheers bud ☺
it took me about a year to buy a speedball top from the bargain bin of a paintball shop, which I then gave away a couple of years ago after spending most of the time in the cupboard

Though I do have a couple of old school jerseys

And only last year I bought my first paintball trousers

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Wear what ever you feel comfortable, preferbly something baggy.
I have seen plenty players wear old hoodies playing both sup' air and woodsball.
No need to splash out on unecessary clothing/gear with the exception of ' Mask ' (Dont skimp on mask)

Reactions: Dantm247

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
As Alan (@NitroBall) rightly says, get yourself a good mask first.

There are plenty of second hand clothing sales, if you're not fussy about year/brand you can have a padded playing jersey for a tenner or less, end of the day people play in T-shirts and elbow pads come summer time, the padding in the jerseys doesn't really off much more protection than unpadded ones. A bounce vest could be a good investment if you're nervous.

Ordinary army surplus combat trousers will be grand, failing that a pair of playing trousers won't be that expensive. Track bottoms and jeans just aren't right, they'll act like sponges :)

Ebay also worth a check, I think there are some brand new old stock Dye winter jerseys on there for about £15. Check out all the site sponsors along the top for their sale sections and so on as well.

nick "the shadow cat"

Illegitimi non carborundum
Jun 23, 2014
Thanks for that guys. I'll have a look on ebay but im tempted now just to keep the old army gear and Save up for a better mask. I can't really complain about my one(empire x-ray with thermal lens. Not great I know ) as its not fogged yet and its done its job well. And as for wearing shorts and T shirt? No way. I bruise like a ripe peach. I've seen people on you tube playing with out shirts and stuff And i think to my self thats got to hurt. I never thought about the colour side of things against paint balls but it makes sense :)
Cheers guys

Dantm247

Mmmmm. Fattening...
Mar 12, 2013
South Wales UK
I agree with nitro, definitely splash out on the mask!

In terms of gear, if you play at a woodsball site then going in full speedball gear makes you stand out significantly. I know when I first started, two kids turned up in yellow and blue all matching gear and our team made it a mission to repeatedly take them out purely because of this. I personally try and blend with the site as I am pretty fortunate also to have access to camos.

If you are thinking of going into speedball, as has already been said, I think people are fairly laid back in terms of gear as everyone understands how pricey it is. I once played a tourney with a tippmann a5 and a Welsh rugby jersey. I don't recommend it, but when needs must. Though I did get a wikid kill with the flatline :)

nick "the shadow cat"

Illegitimi non carborundum
Jun 23, 2014
I've decided to go with a happy compromise and go with my camo trousers and an old hoodie.(best of both worlds). Its got to be better than the overalls,for me personaly they just don't fit right. But when do they ever? I must admit i prefer woods ball but I'm happy to play whatever. (y)

beaver667

Oct 27, 2014
I went to my first walk on a few weeks ago. I just wore a normal pair of combats and a zipper.