Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What or which marker/hopper combination has highest BPS?

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Matski,

So still, whatever setting you use in COPS2, you will never be able to get anything over 20bps as that's the top limit? If so I'm still right - rock on :cool:

And I agree that 20bps in real world is more than enough, but for testing etc bigger numbers (I love that 37 :) ) is required.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Yes Beak that is true, everything on the shelves is capped at 20bps, cops does not speed anything up......

As JR said in that pgi interview, the ir3 hammer assembly can do 180 cycles per second.

I personally find it hard to believe that anyone could design a hopper capable of cramming 30-40bps into a breech without something going wrong, let alone anything faster.

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Originally posted by matski

I personally find it hard to believe that anyone could design a hopper capable of cramming 30-40bps into a breech without something going wrong, let alone anything faster.
My thoughts aswell!

Has to be close, if not completley impossible.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Some one called?

Originally posted by manike
Waddidiz have you seen my high speed trigger design? :)

I can currently shoot, within the legal rules, as fast as the gun/hopper/air can keep up. In Semi :) Mr Pink saw one of my prototypes and there have been other pics around.

I use an X-mag or Intimidator (now that I have one) with an Armageddon reg to do all of my high speed testing.

Oh and there is no other loader choice than Halo B for high speed feeding. Warp will also be useful but it's not a stand alone loader and if you only feed it with a revvy, trust me, you will soon run out of paint being fed :)
No, Manike, I haven't seen your trigger design. Where or how could I have a look at it?

I had a proto-type of mine at Joy Masters and showed it to far too many people. I have since developed the idea into something far superior to what I had. With it you can pop-shoot (with a little practice) and get out 14-15 bps and instantly get up to 20 bps with a slightly different technique. This may not sound like much but are realistic figures that can be performed in the real world within the semi-only rules. The above figures are with micro-switch technology. With opto or magnetic contacts you can probably add 2 or 3 bps.

I think X-Mag, Intimidator, IR3 Angel with COPS and perhaps X-treme Matrix with Halo would be the safest bets for high speed.
Maybe a Bushmaster or BKO with an eye would also do the trick, and a whole lot cheaper?

Also, any sponsoring aside (maybe you're not free to say publicly), would the Easter Egg eVL2 be adequate for the job?

Steve

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Re: Some one called?

Originally posted by Wadidiz
No, Manike, I haven't seen your trigger design. Where or how could I have a look at it?

I had a proto-type of mine at Joy Masters and showed it to far too many people. I have since developed the idea into something far superior to what I had. With it you can pop-shoot (with a little practice) and get out 14-15 bps and instantly get up to 20 bps with a slightly different technique. This may not sound like much but are realistic figures that can be performed in the real world within the semi-only rules. The above figures are with micro-switch technology. With opto or magnetic contacts you can probably add 2 or 3 bps.

I think X-Mag, Intimidator, IR3 Angel with COPS and perhaps X-treme Matrix with Halo would be the safest bets for high speed.
Maybe a Bushmaster or BKO with an eye would also do the trick, and a whole lot cheaper?

Also, any sponsoring aside (maybe you're not free to say publicly), would the Easter Egg eVL2 be adequate for the job?

Steve
That trigger levered in the middle? I believe that idea has already been ruled outside the rules wasn't it :confused:

For Manikes trigger, just look up a few posts. AGD recently showed off a trigger with a wheel in the middle bump to promote stroking as well :)

As for hoppers - I have one of all of them and got to say the HALO can't be beat, for speed it rules supreme. The EVO is OK, but certainly slower, especially in short burts

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Triggers levered in the middle are illegal because of the definition of a trigger cycle from one of it's extremes to the other :( been there tried that :)

The Evolution 2 will not actually allow your gun to shoot over 13bps ish in real world tests. At least mine won't.

If you want to go any faster it won't cut it. You might be able to get a little more performance out of the Evo 2 by putting it on a warp... but to be honest just get a Halo and put it on the shortest rise you can.

The Bushmaster with PDS is also very fast but I am not experienced with it.

As Beaker said, you can see one of my trigger in a post above.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Re: Re: Some one called?

Originally posted by Beaker
That trigger levered in the middle? I believe that idea has already been ruled outside the rules wasn't it :confused:

For Manikes trigger, just look up a few posts. AGD recently showed off a trigger with a wheel in the middle bump to promote stroking as well :)

As for hoppers - I have one of all of them and got to say the HALO can't be beat, for speed it rules supreme. The EVO is OK, but certainly slower, especially in short burts
The lever in the middle is where I got started but it led me to other things. About six or seven years ago Bill Cockston with the then NPPL in what I think was a knee-jerk reaction, said that center-levered triggers would not be allowed. This was around the time that Smart Parts and others were playing with "turbo-mode" trigger bounce.

Although I've gone around and past that, I feel BC's reaction was arbitrary because it is a stretched interpretation of the semi-only rule. You know how I am about rules, and I look at the purpose behind any rules. The semi-only rule is a safey thing. It would be unsafe to have any marker that tends to fire shots of its own volition, e.g. turbo, double-response, full-auto, burst, etc. But the levered design is still one-pull, one-shot.

If the rule-makers are afraid of ROF then they've already lost the fight. If that's the issue then a cap is going to have to be set. The fact that goggles get weakened after multiple impact might someday give impetus to such a cap (let's keep this hush-hush!).

About the Halo: they seem to get the job done but also seem to have too little ball-capacity, be too expensive and are too heavy. But maybe the speed makes it worthwhile.

The link about the G-force certainly intrigued me, however.

Thanks for the feedback, Beaker.

Steve

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Well, I compared all the hoppers for WPG2 and the HALO is the fastest.

The Evo is OK at 15-16bps strings, but still has that delay at the start so short strings are down to 12-13 max.

As for the lever thing, got to say I'm against it (no offence), I think it's the whole drawing the line somewhere thing. I don't like the AGD one either for that matter. Start allowing that and god knows what's next.

I think triggers should be a solid lever, hinged at the top. The design (like M's) might change, but not the form IMHO