Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What or which marker/hopper combination has highest BPS?

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by Beaker
Well, I compared all the hoppers for WPG2 and the HALO is the fastest.

The Evo is OK at 15-16bps strings, but still has that delay at the start so short strings are down to 12-13 max.

As for the lever thing, got to say I'm against it (no offence), I think it's the whole drawing the line somewhere thing. I don't like the AGD one either for that matter. Start allowing that and god knows what's next.

I think triggers should be a solid lever, hinged at the top. The design (like M's) might change, but not the form IMHO
Between you and Manike I think I'm convinced about the Halo vs Easter Egg. The burst rate is what I'm most interested in.

I could come back with some food for thought about trigger design but then I would REALLY get long winded. Maybe we could talk about it while you're in the dead box after you get shot out on the break.:D

Concerning triggers that are solid with a lever at the top: does it matter what happens INSIDE past that point, as long as we're still talking about one distinct activation with one shot per activation? (I probably won't go much past here for fear of giving away the family jewels, if I have any.)

Steve

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Steve be aware that this is a public place and that others here (including me) may be working on trigger designs.

I wouldn't want you giving away your secret then thinking someone stole it :)

I don't know about what's allowed to be happening with the trigger as long as it is one shot per pull.... you might need to get a ruling on that one.

If you are putting a spring between the trigger and the firing point... done that also :)

Feel free to get long winded if none of the above is an issue.

If you want burst rates the Halo Wins by a mile. With a low rise and the spring wound up it is possible to get burst feed rates upto 50bps! for the first few balls as the drive cone unwinds the spring.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by manike
Steve be aware that this is a public place and that others here (including me) may be working on trigger designs.

I wouldn't want you giving away your secret then thinking someone stole it :)

I don't know about what's allowed to be happening with the trigger as long as it is one shot per pull.... you might need to get a ruling on that one.

If you are putting a spring between the trigger and the firing point... done that also :)

Feel free to get long winded if none of the above is an issue.

If you want burst rates the Halo Wins by a mile. With a low rise and the spring wound up it is possible to get burst feed rates upto 50bps! for the first few balls as the drive cone unwinds the spring.
'Preciate your advice, Manike.:)

Another question while we're here: is an eye really necessary as long as the hopper is kept relatively full?

PS: I had a look-see at the roller. Makes a lot of sense.

Steve

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
An eye isn't strictly necesarry... but you'll wish to hell and back that you had one after cleaning your gun out for the 'n'th time in testing...

I've done a lot of high speed gun testing, and I wouldn't want to do it again without an ACE.

The race gun video's at 20bps are without an Eye. But with a Halo.

The best eye system I have used come from Exarin.com (who make boards for any gun and with FA...) or the Intimidator (No FA but you can put a signal into the trigger anyway) or the X-mag (no FA but almost as easy as the timmy to put a motor and cam against the trigger.)

The intimidator with WAS Equaliser board allows you to easily fine tune the eye which is nice. You can also do this with the Exarin boards but not quite so easily. You can't modify the settings on the X-mag unless you have a programmer and access to the code.

Good luck.

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
tell me if this has been said, but surely the A-5 has the best feed ratio, seein as the feed is built into the gun, not the hopper.
hats like no breaks practically guaranteed, unless you're usin crap paint.

Hp

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by MrPink
Nah, Trigger Bounce! RT mags could do 26bps with a bit of fiddling:D (non-electro:eek: )
Trigger bounce (RT way or electro way) is banned in all major events, although there were loads of seriously dodgy RT's at the 'dam tournament that weren't picked up.