The Home Of European Paintball

What Paint For a Cocker???

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
*sigh*

Originally posted by LiquidPerry801
the reason i said cocker specifically is not because i think it matters what marker model I have but because I imagine that all stock 2003 worr cockers are going to have the same bore size. And as such, I was hoping that someone would know the bore size from having owned one or whatever reason and could tell me what paint would match best with a stock autococker barrel

Just about all stock barrels will have a large bore size; this is so any paint will at least go through it rather than getting stuck or bursting part way down.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Would this be the same newb who posted on "underwater paintball" just to have a go at people?
I think someone missed his milk at morning break.
As far as I could read, people just missunderstood a badly worded question mate, and now they are smart asses, just like everyone on the underwater paintball thread.

So I think the answer is: every batch of paint is sold as .68 but will be a little bit different, so knowing your bore size won't help. It's too difficult to buy paint to match a barrel due to the tiny variance in each batch, which is then affected by humidity, temperature etc... so buy the paint, then size the barrel, as Liz says, the paint will fit a stock barrel, so it won't be too tight, but it might be a little wide and the balls will wobble and lose accuracy. All you can do is buy decent quality, well stored/transported paint and a range of barrels to size when you have it.

Go for a freak system if you've got the cash, but bear in mind the 3-way on a cocker makes taking of a two piece barrel tricky, or a range of one pieces, start of with your big stock barrel then get a narrow and a mid range one. I've got a freak for my cocker, and sometimes it's hell to get off in wet conditions.

See, not being a smart ass, just speaking from very recent experience.

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
Would this be the same newb who posted on "underwater paintball" just to have a go at people?
I think someone missed his milk at morning break.
As far as I could read, people just missunderstood a badly worded question mate, and now they are smart asses, just like everyone on the underwater paintball thread.

See, not being a smart ass, just speaking from very recent experience.
Temper Temper Jose... thou shalt be struck from the order of Joe Bob if you are not careful, remember Joe Bob himself was once a Newbie who had too much to say for himself. :)
Try not to get too upset with people who overuse the words smart and asses in the same sentence, maybe they are looking for similar people, its a shame.

But I think as a few people have said, most stock barrels are likely to be a larger bore to fit most paints. Is it me or is that question solved-ish? :D :D :D

Brittle paint

Although waaaaaay too late for your date on the field, if the cocking cycle is nice and gentle then you can use more brittle paint than say anyone using a blowback. For Zap I think that the best paint is "Teal" that's the blue shelled stuff. If you've got the cash then Hellfire from Draxxus is great paint, very brittle and thus will break beautifully on the target, but make sure you have a nice and gentle cocking pressure. But... the cheaper stuff is usually very good, I have shot some awesome batches of Blaze in my time (both years of it ;) )

But paint sizes vary from batch to batch, so I am afraid I can't be of any help on that.

Richard

P.s. Calm down Jose! B!tching where b!tching is due, but the Newbie's forum is for... Newbies.