The Home Of European Paintball

what paint shoud u use with impulse

styles mugger

Dum...dum.....DUMMMM!!!
Jan 14, 2002
In my head, NOOOOO!!!!!!!
Visit site
Paint

Pretty much any make/grade but id NOT recommend u using VERY brittle types like HELLFIRE(Diablo) or PERFORMANCE PLUS(Zap) just in case its REALLY brittle (it sum times happens!,even 2 me) coz ull just be payin out more 4 spendin lots of time cleaning the broken paint.
Best off with the lower grades 2 be on the safe side(Diablo-Blaze+Inferno.Zap-Trade+Pro performance).
Its up 2 u at the end of the day the 2 makes r about the same in price + quality,im not 100% bout the other makes of paint but in may b worth trying a box 2c wot u like.
Happy buying!
:)

Well I've run just about every paint you can get through impulses and had no problems with the brittle ones. The Impulse is a very low pressure marker and very soft on paint. At Toulouse I ran Diablo Imperial through it which has to be like the most brittle paint available and had no problems at all. Use whatever paint you like but there's no need to avoid hellfire etc.

styles mugger

Dum...dum.....DUMMMM!!!
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
Its just down 2 batches u get dont 4 get that!.
Ive run Hellfire on an RT b4 With no Probs.
B4 me with Impulse & my mate with a shocker tried Pro performance plus (Zap) at a walkon (v gud trust worthy site that test um) this stuff was fresh etc & was told it wud b fine t2 use it,in the end we both & othas usin simmilar guns were gettin quite a few breaks(more than we'd like/happy with anyway)& it wasnt due 2 us firing 2 fast!b4 u say it.
The previous post was ment 2 make u aware that it can happen.
Try anyfing u want im not trying 2 disscurage u from using that stuff.
Enjoy!:)

styles mugger

Dum...dum.....DUMMMM!!!
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Ian
I've used all sorts through my Impulse Vision, even sh#tty site paint. The only problems I have encountered are with very dark shells, the Vision doesn't always like the dark stuff.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Black absorbs/doesnt reflect light very well!But the shell has a very glossy look 2 it so it can be confused.I know cos theres machines at my work place that mesure colour,r far more advanced than an imp even they can b easily deceived in wot it thinks it sees.:(

Micah

Now ... this is related ... yet not ... if you were playing with a vision impy and the new RPS JT paint, could you have a ball fall just right (or wrong ...) that it wouldnt be seen because it is dark?

I was playing with the JT paint today and for no aparent reason, my revy kept spinning ... and spinning ... and Ihad just loaded up, this was right before a breakout and I was freaking out, but after I slid into my primary and started shooting, it was fine ... this is the only thing I can think of that would have caused the foul up ... (that is, the black part of the shell band how it was oriented with the sensor ...)

-Micah

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Impulses operate between 180 and 200 PSI. If you can't shoot brittle paint through a marker on that pressure, something is totally wrong with the paint. Shoot as much hellfire, imperial, pro perfromance you want to bro!!:D